General Sale

About 29k, had a half arsed attempt to roughly count them are there was still over 8k available.

I would imagine the club will tweet something out later tonight.

I don’t think they thought a phase 3 would be needed.

Lots I’ve spoken too can’t make it - kids holidays also play a part as quite a few going away and have plans.

Hoping we can get at least close to sell out

Staggering that Phase 2 ends at 08.30 in the morning, and with thousands of tickets still available, there has been no announcement from the club regarding Phase 3.
There must be a good few thousand supporters who want tickets, sitting wondering what the fuck is going on.
The owners are punishing people for not buying a season ticket imo

Well thats not my opinion i just wanted to get among it all :lol:

Has it really? Few days for SC holders to buy 23,000 tickets, the today onwards for SC holders to buy them on behalf of the part timers
Seems straight forward enough to me

Or ‘non ST holders’ as they are known to non-superiority complex supporters.

Why not just do what they did last time and allow ST holders to buy their own tickets (and members seeing as they started that money spinner specifically for this process) and then once they’d had that opportunity, open it up to people who have recent purchase history?

Buying a season ticket shouldn’t guarantee you a ticket and then six others of their choice.

Not even sure why I’m bothered to discuss as I can’t go anyway

Really surprised and disappointed that we haven't sold out
Not that I don't want phase 3 to happen and I hope that we DO sell out after Phase 3 but I find it amazing that we sell more and quicker for the Check-a-f***ing-trade trophy than our most important game in years

In fairness a lot of fans would have been thinking we would have no need for the play offs \ that we would go up automatically. Many may have also had prearrangements for the ban holiday weekend.....others may have just had enough of seeing us lose at wembley and cant bear the thought of potentially seeing it again. Some of course simply might notbe able to afford it

I would expect phase 3 to be general sale but probably with purchase history like in the checkatrade final tickets, it will sell out, it is only Monday night

It’s not like we’ve finished the season strongly is it? Been poor since the final really. People can’t be arsed and a lot did their money doing the whole weekend last time. Everyone expected we’d already be up and haven’t budgeted for it

No idea whatsoever how any Sunderland fan “can’t be arsed”

If someone is totally skint fair enough but “can’t be arsed” to support our team at Wembley?????

Would you really be bothered mate?
On a functional level no as i guess you are hinting that there are more important things in life..and your right if thats what your getting at!......But i have always had pride in our support and its always been the gel that keeps many of us going over the very long disapointing years.......But this is a footballing forum and i discuss my views about football ......once i switch of the computer you just get on with the more important things in life .............footballing supporters discuss football ,its tribal and its not far removed from the playground. Our loyal support is a badge of honour that will be a little tarnished if we dont sell out ...........I think we will .but if we dont life goes on !

Dont agree fella !But i like your spin!................ I think we will sell out but if we dont the skunks will piss themselves laughing!......As we would do if it was them!
I know the mags are obsessed with us but it's not reciprocated in my experience and who really cares what they think?
We should have 40000 ST holders if it's all about saving face

Or ‘non ST holders’ as they are known to non-superiority complex supporters.

Why not just do what they did last time and allow ST holders to buy their own tickets (and members seeing as they started that money spinner specifically for this process) and then once they’d had that opportunity, open it up to people who have recent purchase history?

Buying a season ticket shouldn’t guarantee you a ticket and then six others of their choice.

Not even sure why I’m bothered to discuss as I can’t go anyway
Everyone f***ing twisted about the process last time!!

Aye but not all Sunderland fans even know about this place never mind post on it, especially older supporters.
come on man. Everyone knows someone who knows someone

No idea whatsoever how any Sunderland fan “can’t be arsed”

If someone is totally skint fair enough but “can’t be arsed” to support our team at Wembley?????

I don’t think a single supporter would not go as a result of not being arsed

I know the mags are obsessed with us but it's not reciprocated in my experience and who really cares what they think?
We should have 40000 ST holders if it's all about saving face
Nobody really cares anything about football !its just not important enough!:lol:

Loads will aye, there’ll probably also be plenty that don’t as well especially exiles or those living/from outside of Sunderland strongholds.

Aye. The announcement of the phases was a farce last time, mainly because of the Walsall ticket fiasco. Apart from that, it wasn’t too bad aside from learning how to navigate the website. That wouldn’t be such an issue this time as people would be more familiar.

It should have been simply Phase 1: ST holders and members to secure their own tickets, Phase 2: Recent purchase history (this season and / or last) and then Phase 3: general sale if necessary.

I’m not sure why season ticket holders and members are being invited to order all these extras. That shouldn’t happen IMO

Back