General Sale

I'm not convinced. My thoughts were that next season might not actually be that enjoyable - we might find it tough - so I should enjoy the good moments when they come. And they simply don't get any better than going up via the playoffs (I suspect having never done it). I can't stand the thought of missing it. Yes, we might lose and that will suck, but you can't dwell on that.

If we go up, I tend to agree - but I was on about the 'reward' of a Wembley visit this time being something not tangible as it were, like a trophy would be ?

I do think the thought of losing at Wembley yet again is putting a lot off

Now we are using ticketmaster, I can see the membership cards working in the same way as SC. You will log onto your account, purchase a ticket and then use the card to gain entry to the SOL. Your purchase history will then be recorded

I also think it should be extended to all tickets purchased, not just members.

Anyone who purchases a ticket for the match shouldn't get a paper ticket, simply gets a customer number generated and a card similar to the current season card produced at point of purchase. Any future purchases can simply be loaded to the card whether purchased in cash at the ticket office, or online using a bank card. Would mean that anyone who had attended a match would automatically be able to prove purchase history.

they need to change it now so that anyone can buy a ticket , no membership number bollocks... otherwise be left with couple thousand unsold

its a strange one but few I know who went checktrade are not bothering , think a bit of apathy has crept in and also think that weekend ended up like Hangover and spent an absolute fortune :lol:

I suspect, in the summer, you will see the club introduce a new policy for future Wembley games. Going forward, I can only see SC and members being able to get tickets
I doubt it to be honest. Historically there has always been what appeared to be a monumental fcuk up every time Wembley tickets have been on sale yet nothing seems to change. It’s always been a lottery if you’re not a season ticket holder. Thankfully I am now and have had no difficulty purchasing tickets for our last few visits. However I’ve also queued all night at the stadium only for people to jump the queue as the ticket office opened back in 1998, and went through the lottery of a ballot on numbered vouchers dished out for a game prior to the 92 cup final.

they need to change it now so that anyone can buy a ticket , no membership number bollocks... otherwise be left with couple thousand unsold

its a strange one but few I know who went checktrade are not bothering , think a bit of apathy has crept in and also think that weekend ended up like Hangover and spent an absolute fortune :lol:
I really dont get why they aren't doing this. Charlton were planning on a general sale so why cant we?

Saw a post from slo officer this morning saying tickets must be bought by 12pm today to be posted out. Then said after that they are going to work out what they need to do. I dont want to constantly criticise the club but this is basics that should have been in place the moment the tickets went on sale.

I think anyone who wants one will be able to get one regardless of purchase history. There must be plenty of people willing to purchase extra tickets for those without purchase history

If people aren't going because they're scared of getting beat again at Wembley, then I'd highly suggest they change their team colours and don't bother coming back, because this might come as a shock, but we're Sunderland, we aren't a successful football club these days, it will probably happen a few more times!

As previously said, the thought of winning and missing out, should petrify you a lot more.

I really dont get why they aren't doing this. Charlton were planning on a general sale so why cant we?

Saw a post from slo officer this morning saying tickets must be bought by 12pm today to be posted out. Then said after that they are going to work out what they need to do. I dont want to constantly criticise the club but this is basics that should have been in place the moment the tickets went on sale.
Why 12pm today? Surely the £2.50 postage charge should be enough to guarantee next day delivery.

Back