General Motorsport Thread

The BMW LMDh car for the 2023 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship looks the biz.

The Cadillac LMDh has also been revealled.

This in addition to the teases from Ferrari, Acura and Lamborghini over their new LMDh cars for the new era of sportscar racing in the US and the world with the LMDh (IMSA) and LMH (WEC) both set to compete at future Le Man's.

Last edited:
Just watched Touring cars at Croft - very close racing but no overtakes at all.

All the cars are so well matched they just drive around in a train and don’t have the speed differential to pass.

Just watched Touring cars at Croft - very close racing but no overtakes at all.

All the cars are so well matched they just drive around in a train and don’t have the speed differential to pass.

I was there. Got back not long ago. Very blustery wind and cloudy with little glimpses of sun and heat but was the best BTCC for watching it in since I started going in 2001.

I thought that. I was waiting in anticipation for passes both at Clervaux where I was and on the screen on the infield, especially by my team, but few happened. The speed of the front runner’s especially are so similar. The BMWs just could not catch up and overtake. They used to do that so easily.

But kudos to Excelr8 in their new Hyundai i30. They were awesome today I thought. Very hard to beat. They had great pace and controlled the first two races. Well done to Dan Lloyd for getting his first two wins in the BTCC. And Tom Ingram is for me driving like a title contender.

I was there. Got back not long ago. Very blustery wind and cloudy with little glimpses of sun and heat but was the best BTCC for watching it in since I started going in 2001.

I thought that. I was waiting in anticipation for passes both at Clervaux where I was and on the screen on the infield, especially by my team, but few happened. The speed of the front runner’s especially are so similar. The BMWs just could not catch up and overtake. They used to do that so easily.

But kudos to Excelr8 in their new Hyundai i30. They were awesome today I thought. Very hard to beat. They had great pace and controlled the first two races. Well done to Dan Lloyd for getting his first two wins in the BTCC. And Tom Ingram is for me driving like a title contender.
I’ve done a few track days at Croft on bikes not cars and have some nice video of me getting my knee down around the last right hander before the hairpin onto the pit straight.

I like the track - sunny in/out is very quick.

I was on a 400 cc Honda so not super scary given I had a Blade on the road at the time. It was the schools bike so there is something quite liberating about not worrying if it goes down the road.

I was never bothered about my own safety due to being younger and stupider.

I am now older and more interested in living.

@yamar1

I’ve done a few track days at Croft on bikes not cars and have some nice video of me getting my knee down around the last right hander before the hairpin onto the pit straight.

I was on a 400 cc Honda so not super scary given I had a Blade on the road at the time. It was the schools bike so there is something quite liberating about not worrying if it goes down the road.

@yamar1

I did it in an Audi R8, Ferrari 458 and a McLaren 470s (I think).

A great underrated track every BTCC driver loves.

@yamar1
It’s a good track for cars, in terms of fun. Nothing too close to the track and it’s fairly flat. It doesn’t do too well for overtaking in formula or series racing though. Your best chance is to take an alternative line out of the hairpin but the braking zone into 1 isn’t long enough.

@yamar1
On my bucket list. Never done a track day.

On my bucket list. Never done a track day.
Well worth doing mate.

There is a lot of sitting around not riding though.

They all tend to do the same - guided laps behind an instructor. Short sessions with breaks and debriefing

Then an instructor follows you and watches your lines, debrief again.

Finally you get to go for it, sort of. The don’t tolerate racing though.

I thought I got my bike over on the road but after being on the track you learn loads. My aim was to get my knee down, by the end of the session I was lifting my knee up to get the bike down more!

I have some photos somewhere I will see if I can find them.

I would recommend using their bikes if you can for the obvious reasons.

Back