Gegs and opticians

Do not use Vision Express at Tesco under any circumstances.
Why? I used Tesco optician last time (women was stunning by the way) and had no problem, was a class service in fact and they ordered an extra pair of glasses accidentally, which they gave me for nowt. have they not transferred the staff to Vision Express?

I have just got new glasses from specsavers. Took three lots of glasses and two eye tests for them to get them right. Sounds poor I know but they did make a big effort to sort out the problems and it was sorted in the end. My advice would be go somewhere with a no quibble guarantee. I'm sure I must have cost specsavers money in the end. A small independent may not be as keen to keep remaking specs at a cost to them.

Why? I used Tesco optician last time (women was stunning by the way) and had no problem, was a class service in fact and they ordered an extra pair of glasses accidentally, which they gave me for nowt. have they not transferred the staff to Vision Express?
Where to start? The opticians are all locums, so you never get the same one twice and none of them seem to know what the other has said to you.
They are having tremendous trouble finding the correct contact lenses, so I’m backwards and forwards all the time. Last time we agreed on what to get, but I never got the call to say they were in stock. I rang up and they said they hadn’t ordered anything had no record of me being in. So I’ve got to go back and have yet another exam.
And to top it off it cost me £8 a month when it was Tesco. Now the same service has gone up to £26.

Before my last eye test my opticians closed down and i ended up at specsavers. It`s now time to renew mine and wasn`t over impressed with spec savers so whos any good? vision express or boots or someone? Bearing in mind apart from last time i`ve only ever used Bramwells when i lived up home and the local lad down here and havent got a clue about which firm is which.
great name for a new chain of opticians with a café/takeaway

I believe there’s an independent place in Leechmere. My parents have used them in the past.
Just make gegs not test your eyes

Always found Specsavers spot on,i get a gegs and contact check every year.Thorough and knowledgeable

result for you but a mistake is a mistake

Last edited:

Back