Gears of War 4

Got this for a tenner to try out on my new Xbox One X.

Never enjoyed Gears games before simply because I found the old gruff dude bro's too much. Have to admit, having just completed it, that was probably the most fun I've had with a campaign since TLOU. Decent voice acting and characters and it looks stunning in 4k HDR.

The Coalition imo were the best thing to happen to the Gears games. Yes they've obviously taken more than a few leaves out of the Naughty Dog handbook but they've done it so well.

Just wish I could find a single Horde game online as I just don't enjoy the MP.

Never enjoyed Gears games before simply because I found the old gruff dude bro's too much. Have to admit, having just completed it, that was probably the most fun I've had with a campaign since TLOU. Decent voice acting and characters and it looks stunning in 4k HDR.

The Coalition imo were the best thing to happen to the Gears games. Yes they've obviously taken more than a few leaves out of the Naughty Dog handbook but they've done it so well.

What's your excuse for getting your arse kicked on there? ;)

They did a decent job on the campaign but they totally wrecked the MP and Horde. Not to mention the micro transactions to buy RnG loot crates.

I've not even tried MP as I have never liked it. Always enjoyed Horde on the other ones especially local but didn't realise there were loot shites
In fairness to them the loot crates are mainly for xp boosts and weapon/character skins but still shitty to be asking for more money. As far as gameplay goes, they fucked off 95% of their playerbase to pander to demands from pro gamers cause MS wanted it to be a hit on the pro circuit.

Enjoyed the first one when I had an x box. Haven't got an x box now so can't comment further

Back