GCSE results today

Got me thinking,I failed GCSE Maths in 1994, and 18 years later, it still hasn't done me any harm.
I failed maths, science and English in '95 and now approaching 40 I'm on my way to a first class degree in electrical engineering (fingers crossed).

It felt like my world had ended at the time but the fact was I just wasn't mature enough for studying.

Edit; whoosh :oops:

I spent most of my final GCSE year smoking week and fishing, needless to say, I performed appallingly.
My Mam hit the roof and made me go to college to resit - where I played pool and smoked weed

Didn’t do particularly well when I got my results back in 1998 but I’ve still done alright. Went to college which I didn’t particularly like for two year and failed at that too. The pressure and stress put on me at the time was horrendous looking back and that’s from all sides, teachers and parents, kind of drummed in that GCSEs are the be all and end all and not doing well means you’ve failed at life.

Anyway 20 years on ive never been particularly ambitious, always been more happy to be content than climb the ladders or further mesel. Wish I knew that back then as I’d have chilled out and relaxed over the summer!

DEFG unclassified were my results but look at how intelligent I am, I'm more intelligent than the person who wrote my exams.

Back