Gboard and SwiftKey on this forum

Proprietary keyboards on android phones are really struggling on this forum software at the moment. A quick Google suggests other board admins using xenforo are having similar issues.

Different people are experiencing different issues, like apostrophes going haywire. Personally what I'm getting is that the keyboard's suggestion box doesn't work, taking repeated taps and rewrites to complete sentences or else gibberish.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy, unmodified, up to date android OS and Gboard.

Sample of whats happening:

"Thie is how a sentnsen lioks when I'm trying to write ongoing the bidders"

("This is how a sentence looks when I'm trying to write on the board")

Looks like its some sort of incompatibility between the latest version of Chrome and the text entry editor that Xenforo uses.

The Xenforo developers are aware of it but looks like they have failed to reproduce it so far.

If you can provide any feedback on that thread in the Xenforo developers forum I am sure it will help them to isolate the problem.

Looks like its some sort of incompatibility between the latest version of Chrome and the text entry editor that Xenforo uses.

The Xenforo developers are aware of it but looks like they have failed to reproduce it so far.

If you can provide any feedback on that thread in the Xenforo developers forum I am sure it will help them to isolate the problem.

Cheers Roger - the thread I found with some info was Latest Android Chrome keyboard suggestion issues

I'm using Android 7.0 by the looks of things

More punters with the same problem

I'm tempted to try SwiftKey again as Gboard still isn't very effective. The problem might be that once the axis of SwiftKey, Chrome and forum software went haywire my word suggestions are full of gobbledegook. Is there a way to edit the dictionary?

Back