Gay pride thread

I didn't comment on it but watched it in disbelief.

Got ridiculous towards the end.

After the first page it was derailed from the original post.

Usually have a wander down to the pride festival but baby number 2 was up all night crying and after about 3 hours sleep I was wrecked.

I’ve a couple of mates who are gay and have been on a few different pride weekends with them. It is always brilliant craic tbf

The fact that awareness of gay rights is needed in 2019 shows how backwards the vast majority of the country still is.
Because people can’t understand that they are your mates who just happen to be gay. I’ve had conversations on here about gay people and Muslims. People slagging them off but they don’t know any and had very little contact ( or any at all) with any.

Pride commemorates the Stonewall Riots, which was a period of demonstrations in protest against a police raid on a New York gay bar in 1969. This year was the 50th anniversary of it. It's viewed as the first major fight back by the gay community against anti-gay laws and violence, and that's why a significant part of Pride marches include people on the streets, 'drawing attention' to themselves.

Last edited:

Back