Gastric Band Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can try 47 different diets and fitness plans - but the fact is, and will always be, some people will not be able to do it.

Another fact is that gastric bands force people to lose weight, and actually they do keep it off.

Another fact is that the cost of this operation is FAR less than the costs of treating people for obesity-related diseases
So its a net gain for the tax payer

So stop f***ing moaning. If people want to significantly spoil their enjoyment of food for the rest of their lives to allow them to live normally in other ways, who are you to suggest that it is wrong.

Don't let rational argument get in the way of a good rant against fat lazy bastards.

An SMB hatred of fattie thread, well I never.... rather that than "Anyone been to Vegas", or "Where to eat in Durham?" thread.

sadders said:
Outrageous! But I have seen amazing results on some of my patients who for the first time in decades have managed to control their diabetes.

Again that is just because they were forced to eat less.

It isn't hard to control diabetes with diet alone if you cut out carbs.

Don't let rational argument get in the way of a good rant against fat lazy bastards.

Aye.

They should fix themselves, but anecdotal evidence suggests its not going to happen - so instead of them fat fucks costing me £30,000 for various other illnesses, they can have a quick £3,000 operation instead and never get to enjoy a nice meal out with their friends again.

Giggity said:
You can try 47 different diets and fitness plans - but the fact is, and will always be, some people will not be able to do it.

YET THIS OPERATION ONLY WORKS BY CUTTING DOWN THE AMOUNT OF FOOD THEY CAN EAT

Another fact is that gastric bands force people to lose weight, and actually they do keep it off.

IN MANY CASES THE STOMACH EXPANDS AFTER TIME AND THE PATIENT CARRIES ON EATING TOO MUCH
Another fact is that the cost of this operation is FAR less than the costs of treating people for obesity-related diseases

I DON'T DISAGREE, I just think it isn't in the long term interest of the patient

So its a net gain for the tax payer

So stop f***ing moaning. If people want to significantly spoil their enjoyment of food for the rest of their lives to allow them to live normally in other ways, who are you to suggest that it is wrong.

I'm just me :)

Aye.

They should fix themselves, but anecdotal evidence suggests its not going to happen - so instead of them fat fucks costing me £30,000 for various other illnesses, they can have a quick £3,000 operation instead and never get to enjoy a nice meal out with their friends again.

I Agree marra. i don't understand why faties cannot just cut down when they get overweight, seen as Cat Ryan knows it is so simple.

Giggity said:
Aye.

Let's face it they've probably had more than their fair share of meals out.

The world has become increasingly reliant on medicine to provide cures on matters which should come under our own self discipline and even moral compass. Some sociologists even liken the medical profession to the new priesthood.

I love California. That place couldn't exist without the medical dollar and adverts blast out 24hrs a day every weight loss gadget and potion under the sun all claiming that you can lose those pounds with minimal effort. We're just getting lazier.

The world has become increasingly reliant on medicine to provide cures on matters which should come under our own self discipline and even moral compass. Some sociologists even liken the medical profession to the new priesthood.

I love California. That place couldn't exist without the medical dollar and adverts blast out 24hrs a day every weight loss gadget and potion under the sun all claiming that you can lose those pounds with minimal effort. We're just getting lazier.

We are getting lazier, and fast food and sugary drinks are more and more prevalent and worse, cheap. People have very little understanding of how many calories they consume every day and also have a total apathy to the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back