Gas meter key/cards

Mallard

Winger
Right, sorry for the long post but Gas Cards? How are these allowed in the year 2020.

I have recently moved and the previous tenant had a gas card for their gas meter. I work in health care and I have only seen patient severe and enduring physical and mental illness have these gas/key meter readings however I am sure that is only anecdotal of my experience and assumed it was due to the fact they didn’t work.

The supply was a company called Boost, (no, I hadn’t heard of them).

What an absolute palaver it has been to get my gas uncapped. I requested one 3 weeks ago and not received on. I then sent on a mission to around 15-20 shops to see if I could get a “Boost” or “E-On” card until I got an E-On Card.

That said, I was initially told by boost I could use any card apart from British Gas and I got my hands on an EDF card which failed.

I then rang Boost and I got a code to activate the card and then again a mission of 3-4 shops and the code was rejected in every shop. I rang boost and they told me to go to a specific shop which I did and the new code failed. I was then given a new code and that then failed.

3 weeks on and still no hot water as I need a card to get the meter uncapped.

I still have electricity, which is good, the cost however is astronomical. It is working out nearly 60 quid a month and that is just for electricity?

How are these awful company’s allowed to exist in 2020? It is cruel however I may think this as I cant imagine many of the patients I have finding the system easier than I do. Also the cost, a lot of them cant work due to illness and these tariffs will eat the meagre benefits they receive.

Right, sorry for the long post but Gas Cards? How are these allowed in the year 2020.

I have recently moved and the previous tenant had a gas card for their gas meter. I work in health care and I have only seen patient severe and enduring physical and mental illness have these gas/key meter readings however I am sure that is only anecdotal of my experience and assumed it was due to the fact they didn’t work.

What an absolute palaver it has been to get my gas uncapped. I requested one 3 weeks ago and not received on. I then sent on a mission to around 15-20 shops to see if I could get a “Boost” or “E-On” card until I got an E-On Card.

That said, I was initially told by boost I could use any card apart from British Gas and I got my hands on an EDF card which failed.

I then rang Boost and I got a code to activate the card and then again a mission of 3-4 shops and the code was rejected in every shop. I rang boost and they told me to go to a specific shop which I did and the new code failed. I was then given a new code and that then failed.

I still have electricity, which is good, the cost however is astronomical. It is working out nearly 60 quid a month and that is just for electricity?

How are these awful company’s allowed to exist in 2020? It is cruel however I may think this as I cant imagine many of the patients I have finding the system easier than I do. Also the cost, a lot of them cant work due to illness and these tariffs will eat the meagre benefits they receive.
Open market for electricity and gas. That’s why they are allowed

My mam has always been on a key in her current abode. I keep telling her to save a few quid and get it changed. She had issues years ago but they’re all cleared now.

Most providers you can top up online, ask if this is an option.

Also, do a comparison and find a new supplier, I assume this is still possible on a pre pay meter.

My mam has always been on a key in her current abode. I keep telling her to save a few quid and get it changed. She had issues years ago but they’re all cleared now.

Most providers you can top up online, ask if this is an option.

Also, do a comparison and find a new supplier, I assume this is still possible on a pre pay meter.

am getting the pre paid removed, but only the “big 6” can do this

£5 every 2 days and a fuck on is better than £50 a month and no fuck on 😆

I never new how much of a rip off they were till a nephew moved into a house at penshaw a few years ago that had a key meter fitted. I reckon it would have been cheaper to heat the house by burning £20 notes in th e fireplace 🙄
Some folks love them,helps them keep track of their money apparently 😳

Back