Gas/Electric

Just opened my annual statement and seen the increases they (SSE) want to impose and was close to a heart attack. It seems the summer months when the weather was hot and the nights were light have had no impact on creating a credit balance to offset the winter usage..

So before I get stuck into the comparison sites, has anyone switched lately and have any recommendations?

I moved from SSE to a company called Outfox the market.
My original duel fuel tariff was £93 a month.
They’ve now said that between October and April it’ll be £166 a month , reducing to £56 a month between May - September.
I’ve told them that I’d rather they spread the payments out equally over the 12 months rather than be hit with a £70 a month rise in the winter.
Unfortunately I think prices now are an utter rip off.

Just opened my annual statement and seen the increases they (SSE) want to impose and was close to a heart attack. It seems the summer months when the weather was hot and the nights were light have had no impact on creating a credit balance to offset the winter usage..

So before I get stuck into the comparison sites, has anyone switched lately and have any recommendations?
They are much of a muchness these days but the key is to switch when your deal is up for a 12m deal or they will have your eyes out. Silly really but has to ne done. Switch via quidco too for around 50 cashback.

My gas / elec company reduced my direct debit from £120 to £55 p/m earlier in the year. I rang and asked them to keep it the same but they wouldn't and I'm now £500 in arrears to them so they are sticking my monthly payment up to £180 p/m. If they had listened to me in the first place this wouldn't have happened but part of me thinks they do this deliberately as it is far harder to change providers if you have arrears on your account (unless you are happy to pay it off in one go).

Try First Utility?

Bulb have been class for me, use the below referral link and you get £50 credited to your account.

David has given you £50 of FREE renewable energy. To claim your free gift, sign up using this link: Bulb - Get a quote

I moved from SSE to EDF. Summer months want £76 and last month have put it up to £134 for the winter months. I get a f***ing text message off them about 48565 times a day about a smart meter too

Green network energy for my electric.
18 month fixed deal saved a fortune.

Moved away from N Power who are a f***ing shambles of a Company.
More problems and issues with this Company than all other Company issues I have had in my life. No exaggeration unbelievable.

Heating is by oil and a decent local Company that and a wood burner.

I'm with British Gas and I hate them, I've left a funny answerphone message for them when they ring about a new smart meter.

Just switched to Peoples energy which is fairly new, formed last year but has great reviews. They were cheaper than all but one other company but I liked PE better. Went through a cashback site for an extra discount.

I moved from SSE to EDF. Summer months want £76 and last month have put it up to £134 for the winter months. I get a f***ing text message off them about 48565 times a day about a smart meter too
We were with EON and I got sick of all the emails recently pushing smart meters. Probably wouldn't have switched if they hadn't hassled me so much. We only had the meter changed 2 years ago, what happened to being green?

Last edited:
Tha all koonts......EON to Avro was a £30 saving within 2-3 months, June, whacked it up to £150 based upon projected usage.....will end paying the same over 12 months as EON....
Have to switch every year

I switched from Ovo to Utilita in August and so far it seems the cheapest I’ve used £81 per month I’m in credit already but the obviously the gas will increase over the next few months. As for electric I don’t see that much of a rise as all my lights a led now.

Sick of these bastards too. When will they get the message I don’t want a bleedin Smart Meter!!

Mine has just gone down 7 quid a month and I got a 69 pound refund. Think I’ll put that in me savings and no doubt they’ll need it back come the end of Spring

I moved from SSE to a company called Outfox the market.
My original duel fuel tariff was £93 a month.
They’ve now said that between October and April it’ll be £166 a month , reducing to £56 a month between May - September.
I’ve told them that I’d rather they spread the payments out equally over the 12 months rather than be hit with a £70 a month rise in the winter.
Unfortunately I think prices now are an utter rip off.
I just left outfox the market after 2 price rises in 2 months. With pure planet now. It anyone wants to switch I can give code so we both get £25 each, hurrah!

Got a smart meter put in by E-on last year and the daft twat who installed it wrote down the reading from the previous meter wrong. Got a lovely surprise when the gas bill was £1k more than expected for the quarter.

They sorted the bill out but the reading stayed on record, so I kept getting letters saying they would be putting my direct debit up.

Nearly as useless as Npower in my previous address. They're all just shit.

Back