Gary the Hair

Never good to see a business go under

That said GTH should've realised he got that money because Uncle Ellis was a soft touch not because he was a brilliant businessman

Did a couple of work events at antler and spoke and met up with him in depth about our requirements for the event and must say it was very poor on the night.

Antler was booked for a different do so we were upstairs in Fat Buddha. On the night they couldnt have messed it up more if they tried.

Ran out of wine glasses so started serving wine in tumblers. the food we asked to be scattered about and instead was plonked on one table so everyone other side of the venue got nothing to eat....added to this we asked for all food to be labeled which they didnt and instead a muslim colleague ended up taking a bite into a pork related canape im sure (sure a veggie also bit into a meat style spring role). Overall was shocking for the money paid.

Last edited:
Did a couple of work events at antler and spoke and met up with him in depth about our requirements for the event and must say it was very poor on the night.

Antler was booked for a different do so we were upstairs in Fat Buddha. On the night they couldnt have messed it up more if they tried.

Ran out of wine glasses so started serving wine in tumblers. the food we asked to be scattered about and instead was plonked on one table so everyone other side of the venue got nothing to eat....added to this we asked for all food to be labeled which they didnt and instead a muslim colleague ended up taking a bite into a pork related canape im sure (sure a veggie also bit into a meat style spring role). Overall was shocking for the money paid.

a pork related canape :lol:

GTH was just a barman at the SOL when he was originally hired by the SAFC catering side wasn't he?
Obviously he's got no business sense or acumen, and his past record has shown this.
Bob Senior knew what he was doing in offloading the businesses to GTH when he did IMHO.

To be fair, he done a very good job of bringing some top bands to the SOL from a punters perspective. Comes as a surprise those ran at a loss/not much profit to the club given the profile.

He then managed to blag a Wembley job from that which is probably a canny step up and didn’t last long. Antler didn’t impress me one bit on my one and only visit.

To be fair, he done a very good job of bringing some top bands to the SOL from a punters perspective. Comes as a surprise those ran at a loss/not much profit to the club given the profile.

He then managed to blag a Wembley job from that which is probably a canny step up and didn’t last long. Antler didn’t impress me one bit on my one and only visit.
I'm sure I heard someone praise him for that recently, it could have been Quinny on his recent podcasts, which made me slightly change my mind on him, but then remembered from a club perspective they weren't that lucrative.

I'm sure I heard someone praise him for that recently, it could have been Quinny on his recent podcasts, which made me slightly change my mind on him, but then remembered from a club perspective they weren't that lucrative.
As a punter we’re not that arsed though, they must have made some money as the current two penny pinching owners did mention they wanted them back on.

Back