Gary Rowell - 66 today

What is Gary doing these days....where he lives etc
Alreet stalker
About sept last year Met some folk from Burnley where he now lives, who know him very well as he married a relative of theirs and they said he has been quite ill and has had iirc bone marrow transplant, they knew of his legend status and also the infamous number 1 is Gary Rowell song
Shit, that doesn’t sound good.

Last edited:
About sept last year Met some folk from Burnley where he now lives, who know him very well as he married a relative of theirs and they said he has been quite ill and has had iirc bone marrow transplant, they knew of his legend status and also the infamous number 1 is Gary Rowell song
Blimey. I’d wondered the same. Was about loads when he was a pundit for century and then disapeared. I’m really sorry to hear this.

Happy Birthday to his Lordship Rowell

my first real hero of a football, player in my youth . I don’t think I’ve seen a better penalty taker since at any level

used to enjoy his radio commentary as well

That late 70s trident of Rowell, Elliott and Arnott were for a lad like I was a fantastic sight to see.

I met him at the Hall of Fame event in 2020, just before Covid.
He was a really good bloke and very level headed and we discussed his hat trick derby game which I was at.
Happy birthday Gary, I hope you are well/ get well soon.

Back