Gary Numan

On at the O2 in Newcastle last night. Superb. Anyone else go?

Psychedelic Furs on next month. Haven’t seen them since 1980.
Would have gone if I hadn`t gone to see Spear Of Destiny performing One Eyed Jacks in full at The Cluny on the same night. Saw Numan a couple of years back and he was outstanding.

Will be doing The Psychedelic Furs though. Strangely enough, just interviewed Tim Butler a couple of weeks ago.

Might get a ticket for this. If @My Boy Harry likes it, must be quality.

I’m in Washington, could you pick me up and i pay you petrol?

Would have gone if I hadn`t gone to see Spear Of Destiny performing One Eyed Jacks in full at The Cluny on the same night. Saw Numan a couple of years back and he was outstanding.

Will be doing The Psychedelic Furs though. Strangely enough, just interviewed Tim Butler a couple of weeks ago.
Interviewed him? May I ask what you do?

This is from a few years ago but unfortunately he didnt do this last night. Quite brilliant though.

Last edited:
I think that The Furs are based more in the USA now and I've waited for them to come to Newcastle again for years. Really looking forward to it.

When they came in 1980 we were in the bar downstairs afterwards - I was 18/19 or so - and the band came down for a few beers. We craiced on to them for quite a while. Nice lads. Sister Europe is an all time favourite of mine and their first LP was superb.

He really was good and I'm slightly disappointed that during the 90's I lost track of him, however he did lose his way for a bit, a bit like Bowie, before coming back stronger than ever.
Sold out the Roundhouse down here almost immediately.
Furs first albums great. The rest are awful bland desperate to break America stuff. I read their biography a while back and they virtually admit it. Obviously they’re nivver gonna put sales in danger but apart from LMW, PIP and Heaven there’s nowt I can even listen to on their other albums.
I love their version of Mac The Knife anarl.
The Butler bros mam lives in the Lake District and the singers been talking about moving there or Edinburgh where his daughter lives.

Was at the same gig thought they where spot on. Thought they would have held back Liberator for the encore.
I paid £52 for mine in the balcony
£19 for spear of destiny at the Cluny.

Last edited:
Was at the same gig thought they where spot on. Thought they would have held back Liberator for the encore.

£19 for spear of destiny at the Cluny.
They usually do but they were celebrating One Eyed Jacks by playing it in full in its original running order. Ruts DC did a similar thing a few months back when they played the whole of the Crack meaning Babylon`s Burning came first.

Psychedelic Furs Love my Way must be one of the best singles never to break the top 40.
Was going to get tickets but didn't, I might regret it.

Concurred.
They were one of those British 80's bands, (like The Fixx, Flock of Seagulls and The Thomson Twins) who were much bigger there than here.

I never really understood why because the furs, especially, should have been giants here too.

Back