gary neville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically said if you dont go down you dont get a penalty, and illustrated the point with gallas practiacally having someone in two headlocks but they stayed on their feet and didnt go down so never got a pen.Its the refs faults u have to make it that obv so they can see you have been fouled

Though he was bordering on a little PF style breakdown at times last night, good to hear a solid opinion though for a change and not Jamie Redknapp's drivel.

Basically said if you dont go down you dont get a penalty, and illustrated the point with gallas practiacally having someone in two headlocks but they stayed on their feet and didnt go down so never got a pen.Its the refs faults u have to make it that obv so they can see you have been fouled

Correct.

That may be true but you can't condone what Young did, shirley?

He was the instigator of the whole affair from contact to dive. The defender could have disappeared in a puff of smoke and he would not have done any different.

I just wish commentators like Jonathan 'f***ing' Pearce would stop spouting shite when looking at slow motion replays such as

"Ooooh, well there was certainly contact, so he entitled to go down down"

It boils my piss :evil:

90% of the time players choose to go down, its rare that someone has their legs taken away in the good old fashioned style.

Players don’t seem to ride a tackle anymore and this habit of getting a touch and then throwing the other leg out us getting to be a joke.

I think Quinny & Tyler had it spot on when they said it should be the opinion of the paying public that’s taken into account and I’d say most of us would like to see an end to diving.

this is the problem. If refs gave a penalty whether or not a player goes down, it would stop players having to go down when they are fouled in the box. I'd sooner see a forward trying to ride a foul and stick the ball in the net, and if the advantage doesn't come off, then give the pen.

Ashley Young's last two have been utterly disgraceful and something needs to be done about it.

Retrospective bans for me.

In your opinion (and mine). But regardless of our thoughts refs interpret the game differently.

Graham Poll sad this -

"Clark catches Young’s right foot when stretching to play the ball which technically makes it a foul and a penalty.
The way Young then drags his trailing left leg into Clark, drawing contact with the defender is not a foul and without that initial contact with his right foot, he would have been booked for simulation."

It all boils down to The refs at the end of the day if they weren't so shit players wouldn't have to go down to make sure they get a penalty.we need full time professional refs

It all boils down to The refs at the end of the day if they weren't so shit players wouldn't have to go down to make sure they get a penalty.we need full time professional refs

I find it unbelievable when the refs are blamed. It happens so fast and the players are so good at conning the refs. It's the players and the coaches who are cheating intentionally not the refs. Like when Suarez goes down, squealing, holding his hand in the air as if he's got a broken ankle to get Rodwell sent off the ref believes Suarez. The pundits go mad with the ref but no one acknowledges that it's Suarez's expert cheatery that's fooled the ref.

Always the ref's fault:lol::lol:

And another one.:lol:

I find it unbelievable when the refs are blamed. It happens so fast and the players are so good at conning the refs. It's the players and the coaches who are cheating intentionally not the refs. Like when Suarez goes down, squealing, holding his hand in the air as if he's got a broken ankle to get Rodwell sent off the ref believes Suarez. The pundits go mad with the ref but no one acknowledges that it's Suarez's expert cheatery that's fooled the ref.

Thank you:lol:

EDIT, I am not or have i ever wanted to be a ref.

Last edited:
What he said last night on 'diving' was not stating the obvious at all. I'd imagine the majority of fans disagree with him. I agree with him, there are about five or six instances every game around the pitch where a player goes down easily to draw the referees attention to a foul, you can't be giving retrospective three game bans to all of them, there'd be no fuckers left to play.

I agree He also stated that there was a culture, due to the influx of foreign players, that if you get contact over you go Having said that I'm sure in SAF autobiography he stated he urged his players to appeal for every throw in and cornerkick These problems have been endemic for years Dishing out 3 match retrospective bans would be a farce because as someone else has said there would be no players left and you'd end up paying a fortune to watch the Academy U-11's and they'd be falling all over the shop anarl

In your opinion (and mine). But regardless of our thoughts refs interpret the game differently.

Graham Poll sad this -

"Clark catches Young’s right foot when stretching to play the ball which technically makes it a foul and a penalty.
The way Young then drags his trailing left leg into Clark, drawing contact with the defender is not a foul and without that initial contact with his right foot, he would have been booked for simulation."

Clark didn't catch Youngs right foot though.

Young "found" Clarks planted foot with his right and then drags his trailing leg in an eggsagerated dive.

It amazes me that this is even in dispute.

Clark didn't catch Youngs right foot though.

Young "found" Clarks planted foot with his right and then drags his trailing leg in an eggsagerated dive.

It amazes me that this is even in dispute.

Robert Pires was the master of that!

but if they were reviewed and banned, the same as red card reviews then we soon see them avoiding cheat.

I think most punters wouldn't mind seeing players get three match bans for diving. That includes Larsson for me. Prefer our players to be honest myself.
3 matches is a bit excessive when that's normally handed out for violent conduct. How about, first offence= 1 game, second offence= 2 games and so on ?

Agree that banning them retrospectivly is the only way to hit it.

Only give pens for handball or other fouls the attacker has no control over. Indirect fk's for fouls in the box.

yet again the larsson one crops up :roll: TWO refs have looked at it AFTER the event and BOTH said it is a penalty. so how is he goin to get banned when they all say it was a foul? you dont actually have to be hit for a foul to be given. larsson had 2 choices, get whacked or avoid it. either way it was a foul.

still wondering if these refs even exist.. Links, pretty please :neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back