gary neville

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wakey wakey

tremendous pundit got it spot on there about the diving debate

Said if you dive your a cheating bastard.

Not really. He said they all dived and there is little you can do about. He said that was the modern game and if you give top players such as Gerrard a 3 game ban for diving it would ruin the game. He was very honest and I do like him but he gave the players view. I do not accept that there is nothing that can be done about it. The big problem is that there is no debate being had by the authorities. When I was a kid I was told 'cheats never prosper', well in football the opposite is true. Neville was very honest to admit this but effectively said 'well that's the way it is, will remain and tough'.

Not really. He said they all dived and there is little you can do about. He said that was the modern game and if you give top players such as Gerrard a 3 game ban for diving it would ruin the game. He was very honest and I do like him but he gave the players view. I do not accept that there is nothing that can be done about it. The big problem is that there is no debate being had by the authorities. When I was a kid I was told 'cheats never prosper', well in football the opposite is true. Neville was very honest to admit this but effectively said 'well that's the way it is, will remain and tough'.

Would a one match ban ruin the game :eek:

But that is rubbish. A few decent bans and they would stop. They are thick but not that thick

Ashley Young's last two have been utterly disgraceful and something needs to be done about it.

Retrospective bans for me.

But that is rubbish. A few decent bans and they would stop. They are thick but not that thick

Totally agree but that was effectively Gary Neville's argumnet. He even had a clip of Messi diving. He also used Larsson against Spurs when he was booked and said it was a foul and should not have been a booking. Personally if the Ref gets it wrong well tough, it's the players constant cheating that makes the refs doubt them.

Totally agree but that was effectively Gary Neville's argumnet. He even had a clip of Messi diving. He also used Larsson against Spurs when he was booked and said it was a foul and should not have been a booking. Personally if the Ref gets it wrong well tough, it's the players constant cheating that makes the refs doubt them.

but if they were reviewed and banned, the same as red card reviews then we soon see them avoiding cheat.

I think most punters wouldn't mind seeing players get three match bans for diving. That includes Larsson for me. Prefer our players to be honest myself.

I just wish commentators like Jonathan 'f***ing' Pearce would stop spouting shite when looking at slow motion replays such as

"Ooooh, well there was certainly contact, so he entitled to go down down"

It boils my piss :evil:

I just wish commentators like Jonathan 'f***ing' Pearce would stop spouting shite when looking at slow motion replays such as

Winds me up as well. They all sit on the fence with contentious decisions with the old 'there was contact' line. It's a contact sport, it doesn't mean every time you brush bootlaces with an opposition player that it's immediately a f***ing foul.

Yep, it's as if they're afraid to condemn them in case the big players or managers refuse to talk to them.

You are not entitled to kick the defender and then dive.

It's f***ing ridiculous. It's a contact sport. Contact doesn't mean it's a foul.

Ashley Young's last two have been utterly disgraceful and something needs to be done about it.

Retrospective bans for me.

This... if a player commits violent conduct off the ball and unseen by the officials, the matter is brought up and the player is given a ban as it is almost impossible to do anything and get away with it without being caught on one of the cameras.

The same should be done. The player should be thinking, if I dive, they are going to look at it again and I will get a ban...this will make a lot of them think again about doing it as mainly their fans and manager will be coming down on them for getting a ban.

Is it cheating when a player knows he had the last touch of the ball but appeals for a throw-in anyway?

Even worse when they are commentating on European matches and slag off european teams for gamesmanship, when english teams do it equally as much

It's f***ing ridiculous. It's a contact sport. Contact doesn't mean it's a foul.

This. The likes of Hurley, Pitt and Watson wouldn't be on the pitch for more than ten minutes and none of them was a dirty player.

There will soon be fouls for invading someone's personal space.:evil:

oooooooh look at Gary Neville isn't he the best pundit in the world for stating the f*cking obvious on a weekly basis :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back