Gary Neville

The opening post was a broad church on his abilities, not just as a pundit.
Not sure how helping the homeless makes his ability as a pundit to be measured

I've never liked these 'man crush' threads where all kinds of irrelevant drivel is thrown in to make a case.

Stick to football facts like the fact that he presided over the worst losing streak in Valencia's history.

What a great footballing bloke he is.
Tremendous career, won loads, brilliant player.
Excellent pundit.
Wasn't afraid to try his hand at management, despite not being good at it.
Doing very well as part owner of Salford City.
Always good in interviews.
Allowed the homeless to stay for the winter in a building he was developing into a hotel.

The world needs more people like Gary Neville.
Alreet Phil?
Anyone who builds a home in homage to the Teletubbies is fine by me.
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I thought Lee Dixon was a better right back than Neville, but Dixon had to retire sooner or later.
But as time went on, Neville made the England right back spot his own - basically there was nobody else around to challenge him in that England position.
He was a good club player, but IMHO he wasn't International class - he had some horrendous games for England- but as I said, there was fuck all else around.
Dixon didn't retire til 2002, Neville had been first choice for England and Man United for about 7 years by then.

Dixon didn't retire til 2002, Neville had been first choice for England and Man United for about 7 years by then.
Yes, after a change in England managers who favoured Neville.
In the early 90's - Paul Parker and Gary Stevens were preferred to Dixon.
Just airing my personal opinion about other players being better than Neville.

His interview on quickly Kevin was superb. The way he explained the intensity of playing for Man United was crazy and that he loves waking up on a morning now and having a bacon sandwich knowing he’ll not get bollocked.

I'd definitely recommend this as well. I liked the part when he talks about thinking Scholes was the least likely to make it as a professional footballer from the class of 92

Back