Gary McAllister

Crime figures are down like, but even if they weren;t, knife crime in London and Gary McAllister aren't related and certainly not related to Donald Trump like Chunky was saying

One of the weirdest links I've ever read
I don't know if actual crimes are down or not. I do believe that reported crime figures are manipulated because many crimes are no longer reported as crimes because there are so few police that they can't handle the load.
I believe Hartlepool has six full time police officers. Six! Sunderland central has just over 20. Sunderland North has a similar number. It's ludicrous.

Sorry, honestly wasn't talking about you, was just replying to knife crime bit
It's no problem at all, I believe you, don't worry about it. No need for any apology, marra.

Last edited:
I don't know if actual crimes are down or not. I do believe that reported crime figures are manipulated because many crimes are no longer reported as crimes because there are so few police that they can't handle the load.
I believe Hartlepool has six full time police officers. Six! Sunderland central has just over 20. Sunderland North has a similar number. It's ludicrous.

That's never right is it? Seems a bit scary.

There is a press article from late last year that suggests Hartlepool has ten police officers, not six, so perhaps U was wrong! Mind, the other four might not be full time!

How am I? Did you not see football in the 80s?

Where are your stats to back this up?
Nevermind the 80s, happy slapping was a craze not even 15 years ago. The town / streets feel much safer now compared to then.

Agree with the general point that people think they can act like dickheads but that's down to LAD culture. The Trump reference is bizarre.

Not really, I'm on an internet messageboard making these generalisations where people are known to talk shite and base opinions just on their own experiences an awful lot.

Not dangerous at all.

Dangerous was the incorrect terminology for the want of a better word, you're right. However, sweeping assumptions made on generalisations are never good I wouldn't have thought, regardless of what forum they are used in.

Nevermind the 80s, happy slapping was a craze not even 15 years ago. The town / streets feel much safer now compared to then.

Agree with the general point that people think they can act like dickheads but that's down to LAD culture. The Trump reference is bizarre.

christ! totally forgot about happy slapping, not heard that phrase since I was a teenager, that was awful aye.

I just think there have always been dickheads, there where when I was a kid and when me dad was a kid and there will be when I have a kid.

I am not sure on what basis people think there are more now, I'd like to hear evidence for it

It's the American bit that I find weird. Bit if a generalisation but doubt they would know who he was and if they did their football fans are hardly known for being "nawty". Admittedly I don't go into town much these days but in 20 years of living in Leeds I don't think I've ever heard an American accent (although you do hear a few Londoners these days ;))

Speculating again but possibly a student?

It's the American bit that I find weird. Bit if a generalisation but doubt they would know who he was and if they did their football fans are hardly known for being "nawty". Admittedly I don't go into town much these days but in 20 years of living in Leeds I don't think I've ever heard an American accent (although you do hear a few Londoners these days ;))

Speculating again but possibly a student?

Maybe it was actually Trump.
;)

Back