Gary madine

Obviously you won't see this however I will respond anyway (Mag ignore list, how old are you ffs?)…….

If I was offered 2 jobs, and the money was similar (obviously the job is identical) I would consider the companies offering the position. In this instance we are talking about two clubs currently at a similar level in terms of league standing however one is an under performing entity with a huge fan base and potential to improve massively. The other is at it's level. Any amount of ambition makes the choice a 'no-brainer'.

His childhood affiliation to Newcastle is a moot point. Gary Owers was a Newcastle fan, attending home and away before joining Sunderland from school. Lee Clarke is a Mag yet was excellent for Sunderland. I doubt very much, although will accept correction, that Barry Venison or Paul Bracewell had any love of Newcastle before joining us in the 90's. They were however professionals and did outstanding jobs for Newcastle.

It might be too early, and I’m possibly still half asleep and misreading, but that’s a bit of a shock. A black and white talking sense.

Wow

Obviously you won't see this however I will respond anyway (Mag ignore list, how old are you ffs?)…….

If I was offered 2 jobs, and the money was similar (obviously the job is identical) I would consider the companies offering the position. In this instance we are talking about two clubs currently at a similar level in terms of league standing however one is an under performing entity with a huge fan base and potential to improve massively. The other is at it's level. Any amount of ambition makes the choice a 'no-brainer'.

His childhood affiliation to Newcastle is a moot point. Gary Owers was a Newcastle fan, attending home and away before joining Sunderland from school. Lee Clarke is a Mag yet was excellent for Sunderland. I doubt very much, although will accept correction, that Barry Venison or Paul Bracewell had any love of Newcastle before joining us in the 90's. They were however professionals and did outstanding jobs for Newcastle.
Good post Biffo
To me the only choice was to come to SAFC regardless if he is a filthy vermin supporting dunderhead, if he played well and gave 100% his ties to supporting you lot would be almost forgiven and while he was playing well he would be closer to his roots, family and friends. Maybe a part of that might not have been attractive or even maybe a distraction so he's decided to join Blackpool. Who knows what the thinking was behind the move in the end.

Good points about Owers, Venison, Brace and Clark (not Clarke you should be ashamed getting one of your own name wrong :D) and Steven Caldwell as he came to us and done a job. The lads mentioned there were professional and that can't be said about that waste of space Chopra.

is it not that he's so much of a knacker he doesn't even trust himself ? Sad as it is I suspect that's the answer.

Owersy went from going to skunk away games in the back of tranny vans to playing for SAFC very quickly, looking back it was most commendable. Jumping up and down in front of the Gallowgate in the play offs and helcoptering his knob took it to another level anarl ;)

is it not that he's so much of a knacker he doesn't even trust himself ? Sad as it is I suspect that's the answer.

Owersy went from going to skunk away games in the back of tranny vans to playing for SAFC very quickly, looking back it was most commendable. Jumping up and down in front of the Gallowgate in the play offs and helcoptering his knob took it to another level anarl ;)

Chased down the Kings Road to playing for you riff-raff in the space of about 12 months. Where did it all go wrong pet?

Were we in for him (sorry if you’ve already said elsewhere)?

Also, what does he think to Parkinson? Does he rate him? Think he’ll get us promoted etc?

He rates Parkinson very highly, he thinks he played the best football of his career under him at Bolton.

He reckoned before Xmas we’d turn the corner but I couldn’t see it and thinks we’ll go up under him or go very close.

Back