Gary madine

He’s made the sensible choice.

How?
Assuming SAFC were interested how is ending up at Blackpool a sensible choice?
Sure he will be telling the lads in The Tuns how half of the Championship and League 1 wanted him but he liked what Blackpool had to say. £6m transfer to being linked with one of the biggest clubs outside the premier league then lands at f***ing Blackpool. What a waste.

How?
Assuming SAFC were interested how is ending up at Blackpool a sensible choice?
Sure he will be telling the lads in The Tuns how half of the Championship and League 1 wanted him but he liked what Blackpool had to say. £6m transfer to being linked with one of the biggest clubs outside the premier league then lands at f***ing Blackpool. What a waste.

Before I knew him I didn’t realise how much the press twisted things, if you were offered 2 jobs and felt one of the gaffers was a better fit for you, and the money was similar, what would you do?

EDIT - to be clear, no one has side half of any league was after him, so that’s just you talking shite, you’ve also managed to avoid my mag ignore list, that’s now sorted, cheers.

Last edited:
Before I knew him I didn’t realise how much the press twisted things, if you were offered 2 jobs and felt one of the gaffers was a better fit for you, and the money was similar, what would you do?

EDIT - to be clear, no one has side half of any league was after him, so that’s just you talking shite, you’ve also managed to avoid my mag ignore list, that’s now sorted, cheers.
Were we in for him (sorry if you’ve already said elsewhere)?

Also, what does he think to Parkinson? Does he rate him? Think he’ll get us promoted etc?

Obviously you won't see this however I will respond anyway (Mag ignore list, how old are you ffs?)…….

If I was offered 2 jobs, and the money was similar (obviously the job is identical) I would consider the companies offering the position. In this instance we are talking about two clubs currently at a similar level in terms of league standing however one is an under performing entity with a huge fan base and potential to improve massively. The other is at it's level. Any amount of ambition makes the choice a 'no-brainer'.

His childhood affiliation to Newcastle is a moot point. Gary Owers was a Newcastle fan, attending home and away before joining Sunderland from school. Lee Clarke is a Mag yet was excellent for Sunderland. I doubt very much, although will accept correction, that Barry Venison or Paul Bracewell had any love of Newcastle before joining us in the 90's. They were however professionals and did outstanding jobs for Newcastle.

I think it's a bullet dodged personally, his record isn't good enough even at this level to make it worth signing a blatant wanker. Plus we have 2 similar players vying for the centre forward position.

I think Lafferty works for us as a short term contract in case we get up. Doesn't look like anyone in the Championship was after either Madine or Lafferty which says a lot.

I think PP has faith in Wyke as first choice in this position. His shirt to lose.

Last edited:

Back