Gary lineker

Rooney has said some footballers would face financial ruin if they had to take a 30% pay cut.

Can anyone explain the scenario where this is real?

Rooney has said some footballers would face financial ruin if they had to take a 30% pay cut.

People getting paid lots of money have expensive mortgages and other expenses relative to their earnings. What do you think the monthly payments and insurance are on a fleet of Ferrari’s?

The OP should donate all of his pay, or get a new account :D
People getting paid lots of money have expensive mortgages and other expenses relative to their earnings. What do you think the monthly payments and insurance are on a fleet of Ferrari’s?
They can give a few up for now and get the bus

So do you believe they do not have 30% disposable income?

It’ll potentially be the case for some at the lower end of the prem IMO, but not your megastars.

The PFA are utter wankers to be honest, making the players look like utter twats.

Sorry mate but I dont give a shit if anyone has to forego a mansion or nice car. Ever. In any circumstance. Nobody needs anything like that.

Footballers facing a wage cut should refinance and get something within their means like everyone else.

Not a single professional footballer would be even close to financial trouble if they did this. Even shit players get my annual salary in the space of a week. If I can live on it over a year they have no excuse.

It isnt, as above.

Last edited:
Sorry mate but I dont give a shit if anyone has to forego a mansion or nice car. Ever. In any circumstance. Nobody needs anything like that.

Footballers facing a wage cut should refinance and get something within their means like everyone else.

Not a single professional footballer would be even close to financial trouble if they did this. Even shit players get my annual salary in the space of a week. If I can live on it over a year they have no excuse.

It isnt, as above.
I agree tbf. Let’s be honest Rooney doesn’t come across as the brightest of lads. I reckon anything he says on any subject should be pretty much ignored.

Back