Garry Monk ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does McInnes have over Monk?

People are only saying this about Monk because he looks set for the Boro job. If he was set to take over here we'd be saying how great he was. He is the only decent candidate out there.

This is about right.

I'd have Gary Monk in a heartbeat. Young manager with a bit of drive, some premier league experience and something to prove. He may be the type to get the best out of some of the young lads (who we will need - seeing as there will be little money in the pot)

Some are expecting a 'Marquee' appointment but it's just not going to happen. At present, we're just not an attractive proposition as a football club. This negativity is being perpetuated by a biased media and cronyism of the managers 'in crowd'...The likes of Redknapp coming out with comments like 'Moyes is a a fantastic manager' and he was on a hiding to nothing with Sunderland etc. Stuff like this is not helping us at present. The world and it's dog is against us it seems.

Like it or not, we're going to have to cut our cloth accordingly. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out for sure.

This is about right.

I'd have Gary Monk in a heartbeat. Young manager with a bit of drive, some premier league experience and something to prove. He may be the type to get the best out of some of the young lads (who we will need - seeing as there will be little money in the pot)

Some are expecting a 'Marquee' appointment but it's just not going to happen. At present, we're just not an attractive proposition as a football club. This negativity is being perpetuated by a biased media and cronyism of the managers 'in crowd'...The likes of Redknapp coming out with comments like 'Moyes is a a fantastic manager' and he was on a hiding to nothing with Sunderland etc. Stuff like this is not helping us at present. The world and it's dog is against us it seems.

Like it or not, we're going to have to cut our cloth accordingly. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out for sure.
Seriously, I don't get this biased media stuff. We may not like what they say but generally they've not been far of the mark in regards to the state of the club.

Don't really see the attraction either but then I see people linking us with the likes of Phillips, Schwarz, Ball and O'Shea - almost purely down to the the Sunderland link and shithouses like Giggs and Pardew...Garry Monk then starts to seem like a prefered prospect.

Linking us with Kevin Ball!

Good grief..

Seriously, I don't get this biased media stuff. We may not like what they say but generally they've not been far of the mark in regards to the state of the club.

I'm not saying that the media are wrong mate... Just that the constant perpetuation and highlighting of our current state by them is not helpful.

This is about right.

derek mcinnes is also a young manager with a lot of drive, more so than monk in my opinion. Seems to me Monk is going to be happy to just be part of the merry go round, picking jobs up getting paid off

...... why?

A fair amount of people see him as the answer but I just can't see the attraction tbh.

He's only managed for a total of 3 years.

He inherited a Swansea side Laudrup had got into Europe but only avoided relegation in the last week.

Despite having players around him, he was familiar with, he had a run of 1 win in a dozen games and was then sacked.

At Leeds he managed to lose an FA Cup tie against Sutton United and blew the play off's with a terrible run in the last critical 8 games.

So, why are some people so keen?
I agree mate.

So you want to appoint Monk on the basis that he's managed less than a totally different manager with different clubs ........ rightio :confused:

Never said I wanted to appint Monk.

Just drew the parallel to Moyes having experience and cocking up his last 3 jobs royally. Experience isn't the be all and end all although it SHOULD help

derek mcinnes is also a young manager with a lot of drive, more so than monk in my opinion. Seems to me Monk is going to be happy to just be part of the merry go round, picking jobs up getting paid off
He quit his Leeds post - no pay off there as far as I'm aware!

...... why?

A fair amount of people see him as the answer but I just can't see the attraction tbh.

He's only managed for a total of 3 years.

He inherited a Swansea side Laudrup had got into Europe but only avoided relegation in the last week.

Despite having players around him, he was familiar with, he had a run of 1 win in a dozen games and was then sacked.

At Leeds he managed to lose an FA Cup tie against Sutton United and blew the play off's with a terrible run in the last critical 8 games.

So, why are some people so keen?

I like the negative spin you've put on there mate - like neglecting to mention the following season after they stayed up (with one game to spare by the way, not on the final day) he led them to an 8th place finish with a record points tally. Then the following season, when he was sacked in the middle of a bad run, Swansea were still 15th in the league. He is still only 38 and his Swansea team played some decent football. He then took over a very poor Leeds team and narrowly missed out on the play-offs. No-one's claiming he's the new Conte but he's a much better option than the likes of Lambert, Mcinnes and Pearson.

I like the negative spin you've put on there mate - like neglecting to mention the following season after they stayed up (with one game to spare by the way, not on the final day) he led them to an 8th place finish with a record points tally. Then the following season, when he was sacked in the middle of a bad run, Swansea were still 15th in the league. He is still only 38 and his Swansea team played some decent football. He then took over a very poor Leeds team and narrowly missed out on the play-offs. No-one's claiming he's the new Conte but he's a much better option than the likes of Lambert, Mcinnes and Pearson.

"He inherited a Swansea side Laudrup had got into Europe but only avoided relegation in the last week."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back