Garmin

Joe Public

Striker
just ordered a VivoActive 3, seem to fit the bill for what I need. Anyone else tried it? Been using a Fitbit for the last few years but it’s basic as owt and on its last legs.

just ordered a VivoActive 3, seem to fit the bill for what I need. Anyone else tried it? Been using a Fitbit for the last few years but it’s basic as owt and on its last legs.

Bought one for my missus. Does everything a good Garmin does and actually looks ok, which is unusual for a Garmin. Good bit of kit. Enjoy

Was thinking about this or the Forerunner 645, both with music.

Is the Forerunner worth the extra money and does the music element work alright when running?

Was thinking about this or the Forerunner 645, both with music.

Is the Forerunner worth the extra money and does the music element work alright when running?

Things may have changed but Garmin music isn’t compatible with a lot of the major music streaming services - eg Spotify, Apple Music. So do a bit of digging first. Obviously can only stream a pre installed playlist as well (or at least that was the case previously)

Things may have changed but Garmin music isn’t compatible with a lot of the major music streaming services - eg Spotify, Apple Music. So do a bit of digging first. Obviously can only stream a pre installed playlist as well (or at least that was the case previously)
They've apparently got Spotify now (offline playlists) and you can load ~500 songs onto the watch from iTunes.

Got the vivo active music, got 30% off through work healthcare app. Took a bit of getting used to but love it now.
Does the music aspect work alright? Score on the faff scale?

Presume it gives you all you need RE: running stats and that? Trying to work out whether the Forerunner does owt on top that I'd need or whether it's just advanced stats I don't care about

Does the music aspect work alright? Score on the faff scale?

Presume it gives you all you need RE: running stats and that? Trying to work out whether the Forerunner does owt on top that I'd need or whether it's just advanced stats I don't care about
Seemed fine mate but only put one podcast in it, I still take my phone with me so am still using that to connect to with wireless beats. Music but cost £50 extra but in hindsight I proabbaly won’t use it much as I’ve always go my phone with me.

Ease of use on the rest is good, gives me all the info I need, I’m not one for watches with massive faces, they look daft on my skinny wrists, so it appealed to me more than some of the others.

Had one for about a year, nice little device. Great to be able to download custom faces, there's millions of them on the Garmin connect store

need to replace my old suunto and was looking at the Garmin Instinct (with smart notifications) but the Fenix is on special (40% off) so might bite the bullet and get that. can anyone recommend either...? The Fenix would still be twice the price of the Instinct but obviously has a lot more features.

need to replace my old suunto and was looking at the Garmin Instinct (with smart notifications) but the Fenix is on special (40% off) so might bite the bullet and get that. can anyone recommend either...? The Fenix would still be twice the price of the Instinct but obviously has a lot more features.

What are the extra features and would you make use of them ?

What are the extra features and would you make use of them ?

The fenix has a full colour display, Garmin pay and can store 500 songs as well as better fitness tracking & navigation etc

I’d definitely use Garmin pay, the other features would be a nice to haves. If it wasn’t for the massive price drop I wouldn’t bother about it.

The fenix has a full colour display, Garmin pay and can store 500 songs as well as better fitness tracking & navigation etc

I’d definitely use Garmin pay, the other features would be a nice to haves. If it wasn’t for the massive price drop I wouldn’t bother about it.

It’s a big price drop like. If you think you’ll use the additional features then it seems worth it to me.

Feels weird paying by putting your phone up against something, only used Garmin pay once, but I have my phone on me anyway which already does that so not sure of any real advantage it brings.

Feels weird paying by putting your phone up against something, only used Garmin pay once, but I have my phone on me anyway which already does that so not sure of any real advantage it brings.

Yeah, that’s a good point. The times I’m without my phone are few and far between.

Back