Garmin watches

AC Mack

Striker
Possibly done to death but what are your recommendations? I'm still running with my phone due to using Strava and Spotify, but are there watches that do both of these? I need something with Bluetooth to connect with my wireless headphones.

Speaking of which, what are your thoughts on bone conductor headphones? I tried on my friends Aftershokz and they seemed pretty good.

Just bought a vivoactive 3. Haven't had a chance to use it as GPS yet, doubt I would anyway when I don't run outside and would use mapmywalk app if I was out with the derg.
Millions of watch faces to download, can add apps and widgets to customise it to your heart's content. Battery lasts almost a week, obviously depends how much you light it up, brightness, amount of syncs you do etc. Wattaproof anarl, to 50m allegedly- but I wouldn't be checking that depth, only swimming pool depth for me
Get a screen protector, cos you're bound to bang it on stuff

Just got a forerunner 630, couple years old now so come down in price. Loads of functions on it, good battery life. Used it twice over the weekend. Got my distance right on Saturday but the route was all over the place as if it lost me a few times (it has a battery saving function where it'll periodically turn off GPS and track your distance based on stride length and cadence so not sure if its automatically switched to this when it struggled to get a lock on me) but it was at parkrun with hundreds of people so not sure if that had something to do with it. Second run on Sunday it tracked me perfectly.

Thanks for the replies. I could really do with something that can link with my Spotify or it wouldn't be worthwhile buying for me.

Thanks for the replies. I could really do with something that can link with my Spotify or it wouldn't be worthwhile buying for me.

Take a look at the link below - the Mighty is basically an Ipod shuffle size device that you connect to Spotify. I use a pair of Aftershokz with it connected by bluetooth and am really impressed so far.

Mighty - Play Your Spotify Music Without A Phone

Obviously it wouldn't take care of the GPS tracking but you could pick up an entry level Garmin watch for a reasonable price for that.

Last edited:
Take a look at the link below - the Mighty is basically an Ipod shuffle size device that you connect to Spotify. I use a pair of Aftershokz with it connected by bluetooth and am really impressed so far.

Mighty - Play Your Spotify Music Without A Phone

Obviously it wouldn't take care of the GPS tracking but you could pick up an entry level Garmin watch for a reasonable price for that.

That looks interesting, thanks. I assume they sync with wireless headphones just the same as your phone? If so, like you say I could get a Garmin watch and of those and have everything sorted. I'm happy to pay a couple of hundred quid for a watch; what I don't want is to pay that and still need my phone.

Also, how do you find your Aftershokz? I've tried some and they seem good, but that was with music and I listen more to podcasts when I'm running.

That looks interesting, thanks. I assume they sync with wireless headphones just the same as your phone? If so, like you say I could get a Garmin watch and of those and have everything sorted. I'm happy to pay a couple of hundred quid for a watch; what I don't want is to pay that and still need my phone.

Also, how do you find your Aftershokz? I've tried some and they seem good, but that was with music and I listen more to podcasts when I'm running.

Spot on, the Aftershokz pair wirelessly with the Mighty pod and the jobs a good one.

I really like the Aftershokz, I was actually surprised how good they sound but I do only listen to music I'm afraid so can't comment on podcasts.

Back