Gareth Bale

Aye he has to think of his finances and his 90 odd million fortune to maintain! :lol::lol: It's amusing when people think the money is always the main factor in a player's move when they already have 10's millions anyway. He could play for fuck all and still not spend all his money in his lifetime. One challenge is that he could go back to Spurs and help push them on to win the League but he probably can't be arsed.

Premier League stars dominate Sunday Times Sporting Rich List for 2019

Logon or register to see this image

Again bud he’s just not gonna take a cut and why should he, don’t think he gives a shite about spurs

You don’t know why he’d want to earn 150k a week at spurs instead of 600k a week at Madrid? Nee bother :lol:

That's not the full story though, is it.

Earn 150k a week at Tottenham and play every week, or earn 600k at Real Madrid and every now and again play 90 minutes.

Put in that context, and consider he's footballer surely wanting to play football, and yes I can't understand why he would be satisfied playing 90 minutes every now and again in return for that amount of money. He will remain a very wealthy man at Tottenham, so why would he just want a few more quid in the bank that he can't possibly spend and sit around not playing at Real Madrid.

Poor move if it’s China. I get the money thing but he’s young enough. He could take a cut and head to a top English or European club where he’d be where a player of his talents belongs, in the Champions League and playing for trophies.

Too early for him to take the Chinese pension I think. At the end of his career he’s going to be rich beyond his wildest dreams and neither him nor the next 5 generations of Bales will ever have to work again, even if he takes a cut to play at the highest level.
Won the CL 4 times, scoring in 2 finals including one of greatest ever CL final winning goals and also led Wales to the semi final of a major tournament. His legacy is already written. If he packs off to China he'll have no regrets because he has already achieved the ultimate.

That's not the full story though, is it.

Earn 150k a week at Tottenham and play every week, or earn 600k at Real Madrid and every now and again play 90 minutes.

Put in that context, and consider he's footballer surely wanting to play football, and yes I can't understand why he would be satisfied playing 90 minutes every now and again in return for that amount of money. He will remain a very wealthy man at Tottenham, so why would he just want a few more quid in the bank that he can't possibly spend and sit around not playing at Real Madrid.

He prefers his golf these days by all accounts :lol:

Again bud he’s just not gonna take a cut and why should he, don’t think he gives a shite about spurs
As if he's bothered about pay cut now man! :lol: He's got £90 odd million in the bank and he's 30 years old. I think it's safe to say he won't ever give a fuck about money again for the rest of his life even if he lived until 100.

I only suggested Spurs as he had a little ambition left and fancied a crack at getting the Premier League for his CV, so naturally you'd think he's try Spurs first. However as I said, I don't think he can be arsed to go for it with any team in the Premier League, not just Spurs. Given the shit he's got at Real Madrid from fans, does he really need the spotlight on him constantly seeing as he's got enough money to spunk away for the rest of his life?

One fact is that anything he does now isn't because of wanting big money!

Last edited by a moderator:
As if he's bothered about pay cut now man! :lol: He's got £90 odd million in the bank and he's 30 years old. I think it's safe to say he won't ever give a fuck about money again for the rest of his life even if he lived until 100.

I only suggested Spurs as he had a little ambition left and fancied a crack at getting the Premier League for his CV, so naturally you'd think he's try Spurs first. However as I said, I don't think he can be arsed to go for it with any team in the Premier League, not just Spurs. Given the shit he's got at Real Madrid from fans, does he really need the spotlight on him constantly seeing as he's got enough money to spunk away for the rest of his life?

One fact is that anything he does now isn't because of wanting big money!

I reckon he’s tailored made for Munich like, they’ll probably get him with Madrid paying most of his wages too.
I’m still not changing my opinion on him been willing to take a pay cut though :lol:

Probably hasn't, but not many in his shoes would have ambition left.

Totally disagree with that. The best are ruthless competitors. They’re not interested in jogging around in an exhibition league unless they literally cannot get a game at a proper club.

I think the very top tier - Ronaldo etc - could be earning more in China right now.

Anybody offered 1 million a week to go to China to play football would take it :lol: i would play football on a minefield in syria for that amount, and i dare say mrs sauce would give me her full backing as well for that coin :lol:

It’s all relative though, anyone on here would, but if you already on 500k a week than Bale is on, you already have more money than you have ever dreamed.

He’s 30 years old, and his next move will be a downward move.

Regardless of money, I’d love to take the opportunity to live in one of the most fascinating countries in the world

It’s those that do it mid 20s when they have more to achieve that bug me, like Oscar or Gyan

Back