Gareth Bale

No one is in a realistic position to match his wages is the problem. He is on £600,000 a week. Injury prone and thirty years old. He won't take a pay cut as he has three years left on his Real Madrid contract. I'm not even sure he will go to China although that does seem his only option.
Absolutely crazy decision to go to China. Should be playing in the worlds top leagues for another 2-3 years at least then move to China. Pure greed. He's made enough from the game now to drop his salary demands and come back to the prem.

I genuinely don’t understand why he doesn’t get a pay off sorted then move to one of the big boys for the max he can get. Then keep his fingers crossed for Real in the CL next season.......

I can’t stand him.
Everything that’s wrong with football.
He’s got everything to be one of the greats but now looks like he can’t be arsed anymore at 30 ??
I know he’s done everything but the difference between Ronaldo and messi etc is that they’ve got the will and want to maintain and do even better than they have previously.
Obviously don’t know him but he looks like a right arsehole aswell.
Didn't learn the language either, just comes across as an arrogant self entitled arsehole

He's not up there with the all time greats but you can't argue with his record over the last 7/8 years.

Almost 1 in 2 for Madrid and he was brilliant his last 2/3 seasons with Spurs.

Would get into most teams in the prem.

Would get into all of em

Bale’s a helluva player there’s no doubt.
At the point he went to Madrid he was probably one of the best half dozen in world. He was arguably at a level at that point where you wondered whether he could break into the Ronaldo and Messi mould.
For all he’s achieved that didn’t happen and there’s no disgrace in that, but you just get the impression that despite some flashes of brilliance, he seems to have stalled.
Maybe injuries haven’t helped, but you wonder wether he has the hunger of the greats, money seems to be the main driver.

Real got absolutely humped 7-2 by Atletico last night. Diego costa with 4 goals and a red card. :eek:

I watched some of it. Real were shocking - their defence needs major changes.

You could say it was murder on Zidane's floor. I wonder if Sophie watched it or if she was too busy rehearsing for her gig at the Airshow today.

I don’t really understand the argument of you wouldn’t take a pay cut so why should he. He has more money than he could ever wish for, or spend if we’re going to be honest. It’s not like the majority of us peasants where if we take a pay cut it could be the difference between being able to pay the bills or not.

If he really wants to play football and be somewhere he’ll be appreciated then he would take a pay cut, but I understand why he wouldn’t.

These fuckers make me sick, thinks more of his golf than football the sport that has made him a multi multi millionaire.How much money does he and his agent want?A player of his undoubted ability when fit could command £500,000 plus each week back here with Man Utd and the challenge of making them great again. Trophies in Spain yes but that’s going to be about it when he could have became So much more.

These fuckers make me sick, thinks more of his golf than football the sport that has made him a multi multi millionaire.How much money does he and his agent want?A player of his undoubted ability when fit could command £500,000 plus each week back here with Man Utd and the challenge of making them great again. Trophies in Spain yes but that’s going to be about it when he could have became So much more.

By going to China he can put maybe £30m - £40m more in his kitty. He does not come across as the type who will want to go into management or be a pundit once his career is over, which is only a few years away now.

I know he probably has north of £100m in the bank already, but that is a big increase in just a few years after which his earnings will drop to zero.

What would you do?

From the persective of ordinary people, it seems a no brainer to chase the glory and throphies as you have enough money already, but Bale just does not seem wired that way to me. He is quiet and does not even seem to realy like football that much. I doubt he cares what his legacy in the game will be. If that is the case then its an obvious choice for him.

It's racist to liken bale to a monkey, chimp or gorillaz. Just like it is to refer to Reidy's heed or pass someone a banana . Even though we are all primates.
Zizou's jealous of his bald spot. IMHO

No, not if they are massive cheats. Hasn't he had 2 yellows against us for diving?
Elizabeth, All players everyone involved in the game are massive cheats.

Last edited:
Gareth Bale was one of the players who responded to some questions related to modern football, he gave his opinion about them living difficult lives filled with pressure for performing well.

“Absolutely,” said Bale on a fragment of the documentary extracted by Diario AS.

“As a professional athlete, particularly in a team environment, you can’t choose your own timetable like in golf or tennis.”

“It’s like we’re basically just robots. We’re told where to be, when to be there, what time we have to eat, what time we have to report for the coach.”

“It’s as though you lose your freedom in a way.”

“You can’t decide what you want to do and when you want to do it,” Bale continues.

“So in that sense, I can totally understand why people say that. But on the other hand, I think that a career in football is so short that you have to sacrifice those things.”

“When you’re a kid, you don’t so much going on in your head, you can just play with your mates and have a laugh.”

“When you become a professional there are all types of pressure, of expectation, of people saying negative things about you all the time, and you lose that feeling you had as a kid.”

I reckon he's just lost interest in football at this point

Back