Gareth Ainsworth

I’ve changed my opinion on him after looking a bit closer at his achievements at WWFC and reading various quotes from him before and after the play off final

Seems like a likeable fella. I was judging him on his eccentricities, and maybe also on his team’s style of football which is obviously only a small part of the picture

I’ve changed my opinion on him after looking a bit closer at his achievements at WWFC and reading various quotes from him before and after the play off final

Seems like a likeable fella. I was judging him on his eccentricities, and maybe also on his team’s style of football which is obviously only a small part of the picture
He’s always had good words to say about us.

He’s got his team punching above it’s Weight low budgets etc. his style isn’t great but it’s worked end of the day footballs about winning.

I like the bloke.

He's one of the very few League One managers since we've been down here to not get triggered by our size and basically just respect it for what it is without some kind of small time whinging accompanying pre or post-game media.

Good luck to him.
Pity he didn’t have a chat with his chairman.

The thing is, and this is a mistake we have made before, because a Manager work wonders when he has a small budget does not mean he will do as good with a bigger budget. Some people just work better in those situations.
in the same way as Managers with big budget could not work on a small budget.

Last edited:
Pity he didn’t have a chat with his chairman.
Aye, right.

It's very weird how chairman down these parts are absolute gobshites. Peterborough, Accrington, Wycombe, Lincoln - there's a fair few.

You just don't see this in the Premier League do you? The Man City gaffers opening up their traps to slate Chelsea, or whatever.

Small-time schmucks. A bit like we had, before start of season tbf. Another thing not to miss about this league.

Was clear he was leaving them after Saturday like with that huddle on the pitch
Think that it’s quite common for Wycombe to do that huddle thing. If you watch the Sky footage from the game there is some interviews with him and the big forward lad pre-match and both show clips of them giving talks in huddles after matches. Doesn’t mean that he’s not leaving mind, just that the huddle thing is not unusual for them after matches.

Back