Gammon-Watch: Jamesons , Sunderland - Thu 6th Dec

Of course, I've gone over it many times previously but it mainly boils down to democracy. I don't like the EU Parliament or the way the EU is structured with its unelected presidents at the helm.

I have heard the opinions of remainers on these issues countless times and none of them have changed my position on the EU.

This is bog standard Farage rhetoric with absolutely no substance behind it. What would you expect to be done differently by an elected president? It's just a straw man argument. It's not as if the president can just unilaterally enforce his will.

A "change in the thinking"... what does that mean? Are you saying you voted to throw our five cards in and see if we get a better five from the pack? If not then I think you need to elaborate on what this new thinking might entail.
We could change how society is structured. It won't happen because there is no will for change and I'm happy for people to get what they want even if it has trashed the world in the process.

This is bog standard Farage rhetoric with absolutely no substance behind it. What would you expect to be done differently by an elected president? It's just a straw man argument. It's not as if the president can just unilaterally enforce his will.

No substance other than they are unelected...

I don't want a unelected president or an elected president. We already have a prime ministerial roll in the UK.

It is not an argument, it is my own personal view.

We are handing over 39 billion as part of the deal with no trading arrangements in return
We still have to obey many EU laws not affecting trade without any say on how they are created or implemented
The ECJ still holds juridiction over us.

But the backstop is the main problem I have, it's ludicrous... and to not put a date on it either or give us the right to pull away. I mean what kind of f***ing brexit is that? It's easier to leave the EU than it is to leave this stupid backstop... atleast we don't need EU approval when we wanted to leave originally.

The 39 billion was agreed about 12 months ago and we owe it for commitments we've made pre-leave. To not pay that would be wrong and would cause significant reputations damage to the EU.

What is the ECJ proposing/mandating that we feel so averse to adopting ourselves? Do we want freedom to torture, to lessen our standards on animal welfare? I can't thing of a single occasion in my life when I've cursed the ECJ.

And even on the backstop. Apart from the Ulster Unionists how is that going to affect your life?

It's all just people repeating populist rhetoric without ever being able to really say how all these things actually affect their life.

We could change how society is structured. It won't happen because there is no will for change and I'm happy for people to get what they want even if it has trashed the world in the process.

Again... what do you mean by change? Do you mean communism? Or maybe dictatorship or even anarchy?

No substance other than they are unelected...

I don't want a unelected president or an elected president. We already have a prime ministerial roll in the UK.

It is not an argument, it is my own personal view.

Saying I don't want an unelected president without then elaborating on why that is, is little more than a kid answering "because". However, that's your opinion and I must respect it.

Last edited:
The 39 billion was agreed about 12 months ago and we owe it for commitments we've made pre-leave. To not pay that would be wrong and would cause significant reputations damage to the EU.

What is the ECJ proposing/mandating that we feel so averse to adopting ourselves? Do we want freedom to torture, to lessen our standards on animal welfare? I can't thing of a single occasion in my life when I've cursed the ECJ.

And even on the backstop. Apart from the Ulster Unionists how is that going to affect your life?

It's all just people repeating populist rhetoric without ever being able to really say how all these things actually affect their life.

Again... what do you mean by change? Do you mean communism? Or maybe dictatorship or even anarchy?

Saying I don't want an unelected president without then elaborating on why that is, is little more than a kid answering "because". However, that's your opinion and I must respect it.
That's a ridiculous thing to say, I've explained my issues with this deal including the backstop.

What May brought back is a betrayal of this country never mind brexit voters. I cannot believe how f***ing stupid that bitch has been... absolutely pathetic.

The shit she has offered up as "brexit" is for me the equivalent of remain winning and her joining us to the Euro.

Blame Dishface in Nice with his trotters up

Back