Game prototype - feedback welcome

CraigyWatt

Winger
I've been working on a quick prototype for a football career sim.

All constructive feedback or comments welcome.

Please ignore bugs, imbalances, typos or features that don't do anything yet.

Game is playable in web browser here: https://footylife.mattbrokeit.co.uk/

If playing on PC, you will want to resize your browser to a portrait aspect ratio. It is responsive but will look terrible in landscape.

If the game breaks, you can reset it by clicking the menu button in the top left and then clicking 'clear data'.

Struggling to click buttons at the bottom of the page on me phone. Managed to progress a week and do a few scenarios which worked.

When it flashes up as “mini game” on a match day, I presume you can only click “simulate” currently? Match worked fine, just can’t get off the league table screen.

Did the season. Seems to function well for the most part. Had no issues accessing buttons via my phone. Obviously very early stage build but you've got a nice little browser game mate.

Struggling to click buttons at the bottom of the page on me phone. Managed to progress a week and do a few scenarios which worked.

When it flashes up as “mini game” on a match day, I presume you can only click “simulate” currently? Match worked fine, just can’t get off the league table screen.
This for me too (playing on phone).

Yeah. Eventually it would be a football mini game. For now it was dedicated to put the simulate thing in just to break up the commentary text and make it appear that player has some impact on outcome of games.

Which phone do you have mate? Just so I can check what’s going on with buttons on that screen size.
Did the season. Seems to function well for the most part. Had no issues accessing buttons via my phone. Obviously very early stage build but you've got a nice little browser game mate.
Thanks mate, appreciate that
Worked well but I'm 7 games in and already caught 3 colds from 3 visits to a children's hospital and criticised the boss several times for his rubbish tactics and eaten several pizzas.
Yes, there’s not that much content in it yet so can get repetitive 😂.

Thanks for feedback!
Nicked a purse, helped seb Blatter,stubbed me toe and punched journalists and team mates. Canny addictive little game, got the bairns on it now🤣
Thanks 😁.

I’ve never seen anybody click any option other than “punch the journalist” 🤣
This for me too (playing on phone).
Which phone do you have mate? Cheers

Last edited:
I've been working on a quick prototype for a football career sim.

All constructive feedback or comments welcome.

Please ignore bugs, imbalances, typos or features that don't do anything yet.

Game is playable in web browser here: https://footylife.mattbrokeit.co.uk/

If playing on PC, you will want to resize your browser to a portrait aspect ratio. It is responsive but will look terrible in landscape.

If the game breaks, you can reset it by clicking the menu button in the top left and then clicking 'clear data'.
Really good that, I'm sponsored by the local kebab shop :lol:

Kevin’s Kebab House is out of doner
Bit of feedback from a mate. As I got a few lads to try it. I also did, and actually quite enjoyed it, love the references :lol:

Very NSS! Minus the mini games, shows simulated so guessing he's adding them. There's more interaction with the team than NSS but the outcomes feel random at times. I need agency in decisions during a game. Did win 3-0 though and played alongside Gerrard

Last edited:
Kevin’s Kebab House is out of doner
Bit of feedback from a mate. As I got a few lads to try it. I also did, and actually quite enjoyed it, love the references :lol:
Thanks mate. Yes mini games intended to be added, but it depends on which way direction we take the game.

The outcomes of everything in the prototype are random. Some are weighted, some are 50/50, and a lot of the numbers don’t do anything (eg training your skills has no effect on match outcome or anything).

thanks for feedback

It reminds me of a similar game called nee star soccer which was around a few years ago. That little skill based mini games that would happen at various times in a match.

Looks canny though.

Back