Game off Saturday?

No thanks. Oxford has much better pubs.

Difficult to disagree.
I phoned Oxford this morning and the bloke said no decision would be likely to be made until a few hours before kick-off on Saturday morning when the worst of the weather is predicted to hit.

Not much use for those people travelling from the North-East who will be well on the way by then. Our train leaves Newcastle at 07.35.

He also mentioned the Man City game the other week which was called off a few hours beforehand and said the Health and Safety issue for spectators would be the key issue.

Looking like Sunday will be worse as it was the weekend just gone.

Last edited:
Just had a look at weather forecast and reckon match will be off Saturday.
Although a bit of rain doesn't harm anyone, it is the 'Disruption to travel', warning issued for most of country
Would this be a good or bad thing considering the form we are in?

Nowt beats a rhetorical question

Heavy rain and 50mph+ winds forecast for Oxford on Saturday. I suppose as long as the pitch isn’t already liable to water logging the game should be playable. (Barnsley away last season was played in high winds of that sort of strength).

Its the old ‘danger to travel’ that‘s the biggest threat to the game taking place.
Aye Barnsley last season, high winds, crown toppers flying all awa.

I feel like Oxford won’t be desperate to have it played it the option pops up due to injuries and form.

We could do with it as I think it could be a catalyst to pick up our away form.

I feel like Oxford won’t be desperate to have it played it the option pops up due to injuries and form.

We could do with it as I think it could be a catalyst to pick up our away form.
The match officials will decide but their safety officer will be next to them shaking his head, sucking through his teeth and looking gravely at the heavens you can bet ya boots on it!

It'll be fine. Conditions were far worse when we played Millwall 2 years ago. This place was stating it as fact it would be off.

They warned not to travel unless it was essential. The trains to London were rammed with Sunderland and the game went ahead

Really? It was a fine day wasn't it? Remember standing drinking outside the pubs at London Bridge.

It'll be fine. Conditions were far worse when we played Millwall 2 years ago. This place was stating it as fact it would be off.

They warned not to travel unless it was essential. The trains to London were rammed with Sunderland and the game went ahead
This place said there was no way the rochdale game during the week could go ahead... bunch of fannies at times

Back