Game of Thrones

Should have knocked it in the head there. Last season/series was dreadful
Wasn't it just. Felt so rushed and poorly put together. Why they felt the need to chop it down to seven episodes I have no idea. Absolutely tonnes of stuff happened so fast and without proper explanation. The relationship between arya and sands just did not play out properly and what the fuck was going on with everyone teleporting all over the shop. Gendry, downed tools and went on a suicide mission from kings landing, to dragonstone, to the wall all in one episode

If I’m honest with myself I’ve only kept watching it to see how it ends. I really enjoyed it until the last few seasons, and now I’m just hanging on in there. It had the potential to develop into one of the greatest series ever, but in my opinion it’s been petering out for a few seasons now. ‘Winter is coming’ became a bit of a drawn-out joke, and now that it has arrived I’m beyond caring. There’s been some great characters and some standout performances amongst the myriad stories, but the whole isn’t as good as the sum of its parts.
I only reserve this judgement for last season. Prior to that it was f***ing top notch

Wasn't it just. Felt so rushed and poorly put together. Why they felt the need to chop it down to seven episodes I have no idea. Absolutely tonnes of stuff happened so fast and without proper explanation. The relationship between arya and sands just did not play out properly and what the fuck was going on with everyone teleporting all over the shop. Gendry, downed tools and went on a suicide mission from kings landing, to dragonstone, to the wall all in one episode

Into the end game now, streamlined it and picked up the pace. Every scene is crucial now. No episodes wasted watching somebody roasting marshmallows off a bonfire on the kingsroad whilst heading south.

Into the end game now, streamlined it and picked up the pace. Every scene is crucial now. No episodes wasted watching somebody roasting marshmallows off a bonfire on the kingsroad whilst heading south.
I'm never in favour of pointlessly extending a series. Hence I gave up the walking dead. But I reckon got could've had a meaningful 10 episode arch again like. I think hey should've actually shown us Little finger playing off sands and arya properly instead of the 1 time it happened and therefore making the dramatic scene of him dying make more sense.

I reckon they should've done a little more effort on gendry, I was just say there confused as to they the fuck he would do all this after one conversation. I definitely reckon the kings landing meeting and the fallout could've had more substance thrown at it. We didn't even get to hear what half the people thought and again... dany and john, if only shagging queens were so easy, he just rocks up at her door and gans for it.... for the sake of 3 more episodes it could have all made a lot more sense. IMO

I'm never in favour of pointlessly extending a series. Hence I gave up the walking dead. But I reckon got could've had a meaningful 10 episode arch again like. I think hey should've actually shown us Little finger playing off sands and arya properly instead of the 1 time it happened and therefore making the dramatic scene of him dying make more sense.

I reckon they should've done a little more effort on gendry, I was just say there confused as to they the fuck he would do all this after one conversation. I definitely reckon the kings landing meeting and the fallout could've had more substance thrown at it. We didn't even get to hear what half the people thought and again... dany and john, if only shagging queens were so easy, he just rocks up at her door and gans for it.... for the sake of 3 more episodes it could have all made a lot more sense. IMO

I know what you're saying an agree to an extent. Was more about the big set pieces than character development, although we know most stuff now.
even the wall coming down felt a bit rushed. Stood for 8000 years and down in 5 minutes.
I think the the show was deliberately more lean to convey a sense of urgency as it reaches conclusion.

The first few episodes I watched were very poor IMO. I haven't gone back to it, although might do when the nights set in.

Yes it takes a while to get going but worth the effort. Most people who watch it see it as near enough the best show of all time

I know what you're saying an agree to an extent. Was more about the big set pieces than character development, although we know most stuff now.
even the wall coming down felt a bit rushed. Stood for 8000 years and down in 5 minutes.
I think the the show was deliberately more lean to convey a sense of urgency as it reaches conclusion.

Yes it takes a while to get going but worth the effort. Most people who watch it see it as near enough the best show of all time
Yeah the wall coming down was shite.... and the fact that they made a point of the wights being unable to swim and yet somehow they wrapped massive chains around a dragon.

Yeah the wall coming down was shite.... and the fact that they made a point of the wights being unable to swim and yet somehow they wrapped massive chains around a dragon.
I thought it was canny obvious that they can't swim but all they really needed to do with the chains was sink.

what i want to know is, why did no one comment on the dragon coming back to life?

every other living thing has been brought back to life so why arent they worrying about the dragon?

Still love to know where they got them and what use they had for them prior to that one thing.
It was all planned man.
Plus he's had 8000 years to knock them up.

what i want to know is, why did no one comment on the dragon coming back to life?

every other living thing has been brought back to life so why arent they worrying about the dragon?
Because it sank and they thought Wights couldn't swim.

jon is thick as fuck like to be fair

could have just got a giant to wet his legs in the water anorl, it might not have been deep

To be busy trying to ride Dany.

"Ar here, they've only messed up the bookings on the cabins....can't believe it. They've booked me and you in the same cabin. Can I kip in here, I'll just go on the floor...."
Planned it all along.

I've just finished the whole thing. started late cos I decided to read the books first. 6 months of my life I'm not gettig back.
Not often a film or telly is better than a book, but it is in this case.
It took me about 18 months to slog through the books and it really wasn’t worth it. It was of some value to fill in the backnstory and flesh out somenof the characters’ motivations Etc but by Christ does that bloke need an editor. I keep saying the lads who run the TV show deserve massive credit for teasing ournsuch a great show from all the unnecessary bollocks Martin packs into the books.

Back