Game of Thrones

I watch it on Kodi. Half way through series 5. Really good quality streams and very addictive once you get going. The hours, and episodes, will fly by.

Took me a while to be persuaded and i nearly gave up after the first couple, its a cracking series just gets better and better.

I watched most of the first series and its crap, I wish I never bothered. The acting is terrible they are all talking with a stupid accent, I would say its more like 'pretending' than 'acting'. The sets did seem canny though iirc and I did enjoy the opening scene but that was it. I could see why some people would enjoy it but I can see straight through it all.

I watched most of the first series and its crap, I wish I never bothered. The acting is terrible they are all talking with a stupid accent, I would say its more like 'pretending' than 'acting'. The sets did seem canny though iirc and I did enjoy the opening scene but that was it. I could see why some people would enjoy it but I can see straight through it all.

Logon or register to see this image

never watched this but keep hearing, best thing on tele blah blah blah....
so with dark nights slowly rolling in, is it worth watching from the start, canny commitment with 60 episodes to catch up on , but if it's good i reckon i could get through 3 a week, or is it basically lord of the rings and the same far fetched fantasy shite each episode?
One of the best series ever made , there are 5 or6 subplots so you need to concentrate during the first few episodes , but well worth it

I kind of half watch it.
Tend to wander off when the daft bits are on (like the dragons and that lad who got pushed out of the window being all magical and that) but some of the plots are really good. Canny fights and battles and characters bumped off left right and centre.
I do spend a lot of time asking my wife (no) who pays more attention to it, 'Who's he, who's she, who are they, what are they doing again?'

And as has already been mentioned, there are times it has been known to arouse a certain friskiness in her. A lot more than MOTD at least.

Gave up on the last series.

Last few have been three episodes of reintroducing the million characters and plots, three or four episodes of nowt, an episode building up to the massive set piece episode that everybody prattles on about on the internet, then the massive set piece episode that everybody prattles on about on the internet, then the finale attempting to tie up the million characters and plots a bit to then repeat next time.

Bought our lass the boxed set of seasons 1-3 for her birthday once cos I was hard up on ideas. It sat on the shelf for six months until we decided to 'give it a go'.

Watched all three seasons in about five nights. Been a fan ever since.

I was the same as the OP. Season 5 was about to start on Sky so they had seasons 1-4 On Demand. I thought I'd watch one a night and be caught up by the time 5 started. I ended up watching about 3 a night, more on the weekend. I had the whole lot watched in about 2 weeks.

Back