Game of Thrones season 8

:lol: Fuck off man.

And the series is still following Martin's outline.

Its nailed on fact and I am no right wing reactionary. There is no way they will depose two women and leave a heroic white male on the throne. It'll be seen as too patriarchal for modern audiences

I am not sure how much of Martin's outline they are even following judging by quality of recent scripts.

Its nailed on fact and I am no right wing reactionary. There is no way they will depose two women and leave a heroic white male on the throne. It'll be seen as too patriarchal for modern audiences

I am not sure how much of Martin's outline they are even following judging by quality of recent scripts.
Jon's going to lob Dany's heed off man.

Excellent argument, often used in defence of Constitutional Monarchy. He who seeks power most is usually the worst person to wield it.

With excellent advisors, such as Sansa and Arya, Jon would make a superb king.

But there's no way this will happen, IMHO:
1. Modern TV's obsession with diversity and 'challenging stereotypes' means it will be a woman who ends up on the throne
2. It's too predictable and the scriptwriters have been playing 'guess what happens next' with the fans since they outran the books

Christ. :lol:

Who ends up on the throne (if there even still is a throne) will be who Martin has intended all along. If it turns out to be a woman then why shouldn't it be? Some of the most chaotic periods in history have been presided over by men, whereas three of the most enlightening and prosperous periods in our own history at least were presided over by female monarchs.

Last edited:
Funnily enough I've fad a few lefty videos pop up talking about how the show has destroyed all of the female characters.
You can argue the same about the men. I know there is only one show left to go, but the main male characters are now Tyrion and Jon. Both were a bit crap in the last episode. Sansa is still strong and Arya could still have a very important part to play, after just having done the single most important act in the last 1000 years of Westeros.

Funnily enough I've fad a few lefty videos pop up talking about how the show has destroyed all of the female characters.
It has done a decent job of painting the female of the species out to be batshit mentalists to be fair.

Cersei - utter dodgepot shagging her brother and her cousin
Cat Stark - reet busybody interfering cow
Lysa Stark - completely off her tits (whilst her kids still on them)
Dornish birds - snakes with tits, literally
Red Lady - another 'un.
Yara Greyjoy - git brutish lezza
Brienne - tomboy figure of fun
The Waif - evil little c#nt.

Then you've got Dany - woman scorned with a reet temper on her.

Sansa and Arya have the most redeeming qualities given what they've been through, especially Sansa, who started out as a moody little spoilt brat. Then Arya's basically your classic little warrior princess, but absolutely deadly.

It has done a decent job of painting the female of the species out to be batshit mentalists to be fair.

Red Lady - another 'un.

Sansa and Arya have the most redeeming qualities given what they've been through, especially Sansa, who started out as a moody little spoilt brat. Then Arya's basically your classic little warrior princess, but absolutely deadly.
How many of the fellas have covered themselves in glory really?

... Sansa, who started out as a moody little spoilt brat....
Some lass was complaining the show made it look like abuse and rape were good for women in the long run :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Red Lady - another 'un.

Queen of Thornes? Arguably the best character in the whole thing. Lyanna Mormont was class. Ygritte was a good character.

How many of the fellas have covered themselves in glory really?
Ned, Jon, Robb, Sam, Jorah, Tyrion, Davos, Jojen, Tormund, Berec, the Hound, Tywin, Kevan Tommen.

Queen of Thornes? Arguably the best character in the whole thing. Lyanna Mormont was class. Ygritte was a good character.
Murderous, manipulative bitch, and I liked her.

Fair play on those other two.

Last edited:
Remember when the Wildlings refused to change sides?

Jon had mercy and eventually they joined him. Daenerys instantly burned them all alive. There's a clear difference between the two characters as it's been hammered home recently just how important Jon's mercy is.

One is clearly having to resort to ruling with fear. Jon doesn't need fear, the majority already look up to and respect him.
Well they did anyway,until he convinced them all to follow the dragon luny....

Back