Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

By this point they expected all the books to be released, they didn't want to be the ones to finish the entire plot. If anyone's to blame for the plot becoming sloppy, it's GRRM.

Totally this. And also fans demanding a lot and D&D trying to please everyone on a budget - albeit a hefty one

I've already been berated for that by the Games Workshop crew ages ago. Welcome to last week.
Funny that didn't want to have any spoilers so thought I'd wait until it's safe.

Always one dickhead. Weird that people read leaked scripts and plot.

I mean having watched episode 7 without any spoilers it's obvious where it's going. But would have been an intrersing twist if he came out alive.

Last edited:
The plot is becoming noticeably more sloppy since the showrunners took over compared to when they were using book material. I hope they tie up some of the obvious plotholes/questions like why the Night's King & co have been loitering north of the wall for f***ing years now doing fuck all - what have they been waiting for? If he somehow can see the future and knew he had to wait for a dragon to turn up then fair enough, I just hope they adequately explain things.

I agree with that Guardian article about the pacing too - been all over the shop this season. Haile Gendryselassie getting back to Eastwatch and getting a raven to Daenerys all in the space of an afternoon a particular low point. The show used to rely heavily on the machiavellian type characters - Varys, Littlefinger, Tyrion, Cersei - and in this season it has reduced all of them (and everyone except Jon and Dany) to a useless shell, again because of the pacing. Too many death-defying escapes these days too for my liking (you'd have thought the white walkers would have hung around for a couple of minutes to ensure Jon Snow had actually drowned ffs). I fear that we're heading for a disappointingly (to me anyway) predictable ending too.

Having said all that, it's still must-watch TV. The Night's King is the best character in it - Marlo Stanfield level evil-cool and a cracking arm on him. :lol: I like how he has loads of identical redshirt lieutenants who look like frozen ageing rockers as well. Tormund and the Hound were class too. :cool: Am I right in thinking that the Hound is now off to Kings Landing? Looks like Clegane Bowl is on if so. Also interested to find out what Beric Dondarrion and the Lord of Light's role in all this will end up being - he was right when he said "why would he bring me back just to watch my freeze to death." Why have only him and Jon Snow been brought back as far as we know? Must have a big role to play and he doesn't have his priest to bring him back any more...

You see, I hope a theory like that is correct because the alternative is just extremely sloppy writing.

Killing Wildings for Wights and raising Craster's sons for White Walkers.

Funny that didn't want to have any spoilers so thought I'd wait until it's safe.

I mean having watched episode 7 without any spoilers it's obvious where it's going. But would have been an intrersing twist if he came out alive.

Haway man you've just spoilt that for everyone else. You've literally just told us all that _____ dies in the season finale.

I'm done with this thread.

I've already had the major plot point of the finale spoilt and now this man.

Jesus wept. Literally no point watching when people on here just spoil everything.

Haway man you've just spoilt that for everyone else. You've literally just told us all that _____ dies in the season finale.

I'm f***ing done with this thread.

I've already had the major plot point of the finale spoilt and now this man.

Jesus wept.
Liking the sarcasm.

Has the finale actually been leaked, I got my episode numbers mixed up.

I thought episode 6 plot holes were so bad.

Liking the sarcasm.

Has the finale actually been leaked, I got my episode numbers mixed up.

I thought episode 6 plot holes were so bad.

That wasn't sarcasm. You've literally just told us all that ______ dies in the finale mate.

I'm not kidding. I had the end of episode six spoilt, and now a major character death spoilt.

I'd go back and edit your post or report it as anyone who follows the convo between you and @Wonderbra will have the finale ruined for them.

Unless I'm wrong here? Have I misunderstood? I hope I have.

That wasn't sarcasm. You've literally just told us all that ______ dies in the finale mate.

I'm not kidding. I had the end of episode six spoilt, and now a major character death spoilt.

I'd go back and edit your post or report it as anyone who follows the convo between you and @Wonderbra will have the finale ruined for them.

Unless I'm wrong here? Have I misunderstood? I hope I have.
you read that leaked spoiler weeks ago, I saw you reply to it?

I haven't spoilt anything. I've quoted a poster and called him **** for spoiling it.

I mention no names. I say him so that could mean 80 percent of the cast.

So glad I haven't read the leak just seen the messages of people complaining.

I will not be entering this thread again just to be safe

Got to be f***ing kidding me man, honestly, use the f***ing spoiler option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back