Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. The only issue is they could've done with a few more spears considering the Night King missed with the second throw :lol:
Logon or register to see this image
If he'd just thrown the first one at drogon who was about 2 foot away he'd probably have had decent chance of getting them all. The time hopping etc hasn't bothered me up to now but they really rushed writing this episode. Great visually but terribly written.

The plot is becoming noticeably more sloppy since the showrunners took over compared to when they were using book material. I hope they tie up some of the obvious plotholes/questions like why the Night's King & co have been loitering north of the wall for f***ing years now doing fuck all - what have they been waiting for? If he somehow can see the future and knew he had to wait for a dragon to turn up then fair enough, I just hope they adequately explain things.

I agree with that Guardian article about the pacing too - been all over the shop this season. Haile Gendryselassie getting back to Eastwatch and getting a raven to Daenerys all in the space of an afternoon a particular low point. The show used to rely heavily on the machiavellian type characters - Varys, Littlefinger, Tyrion, Cersei - and in this season it has reduced all of them (and everyone except Jon and Dany) to a useless shell, again because of the pacing. Too many death-defying escapes these days too for my liking (you'd have thought the white walkers would have hung around for a couple of minutes to ensure Jon Snow had actually drowned ffs). I fear that we're heading for a disappointingly (to me anyway) predictable ending too.

Having said all that, it's still must-watch TV. The Night's King is the best character in it - Marlo Stanfield level evil-cool and a cracking arm on him. :lol: I like how he has loads of identical redshirt lieutenants who look like frozen ageing rockers as well. Tormund and the Hound were class too. :cool: Am I right in thinking that the Hound is now off to Kings Landing? Looks like Clegane Bowl is on if so. Also interested to find out what Beric Dondarrion and the Lord of Light's role in all this will end up being - he was right when he said "why would he bring me back just to watch my freeze to death." Why have only him and Jon Snow been brought back as far as we know? Must have a big role to play and he doesn't have his priest to bring him back any more...

You see, I hope a theory like that is correct because the alternative is just extremely sloppy writing.

Last edited:
By this point they expected all the books to be released, they didn't want to be the ones to finish the entire plot. If anyone's to blame for the plot becoming sloppy, it's GRRM.
Its weird like. Massively successful now thanks to GOT and it's like he's happy doing anything but finish the novels that brought him it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back