Game of Thrones Red Wedding

I read the books first, one of the best chapters ever, was fully shocked

Same with the show like, fantastic acting etc and still left you shocked even though I know what was happening

I am watching them all again in preparation of the last season, it was class the way the music changed when the started to close the doors. you knew something was going to happen but it was canny brutal.

I am watching them all again in preparation of the last season, it was class the way the music changed when the started to close the doors. you knew something was going to happen but it was canny brutal.

The song the band are playing is The Rains of Castermere.
The same song Bronn and a few other soldiers are singing in the bar before the bells start chiming for the start of the battle of Blackwater Bay. A Lannister song. Catelyn Stark recognises the song, then looks at Roose Bolton and he flashes his chain mail at her, but it's already too late.
Absolutely brilliant.

It's not real you know. It's only a telly programme

Ffs, I thought it was a documentary!

Last edited:
I read the books first, one of the best chapters ever, was fully shocked

Same with the show like, fantastic acting etc and still left you shocked even though I know what was happening

I remember exactly where I wa when I read that chapter, was in total shock and immediately reread that chapter to see if I’d misread something :lol:

I was sat gobsmacked for about 20 minutes after it finished the first time I watched it, literally just sat in silence trying to process what I had just watched.

Similar, but rewound it and watched it again.

Hardhome was like that as well. That was a bigger shock than the red wedding for me. Plus you had that bit at the end in silence when the Night King raised his hands like "come on then!" then all the dead stood up as Snow and the Night King just stated at each other

Off an a slight tangent, but I've been re-watching the first series, and as they reckon it's hinted from the off how it'll end, I think Sansa will wind up Queen.

A few references to her being Queen one day.

Few more later on suggests not imo.

Can't be chewed typing out why not, but when you get to the end of series 2 and 3 the clues start pointing towards Snow imo.
Think Dany will die, based on the visions from the house of the undying, but that may just be far too obvious.

Tyrion a good outside bet imo. Clearly a Targaryen. Older than Snow. Son of the mad king.

I fancy doing that but I’m not sure I’ve got time now.

How many episodes are there in total to watch?

Also, I’d have to watch them on my commute, so I’d have to censor a lot of me screen in the early seasons...

Edit: just been on Now TV and there are 67 episodes.

Last edited:

Also, I’d have to watch them on my commute, so I’d have to censor a lot of me screen in the early seasons...

Yep. First 6 seasons have 10 episodes each. Last two are/will be 7 and 6.

67 - I was gonna try but I'm only up to episode 7 of series 1 at the minute. :lol:

We're at least gonna re-watch the last series beforehand though.

Back