Game of Thrones is it worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just started watching it. Basically it does the classic, old-school British TV thing of every episode having a couple of expensively built sets and/or location shots to make it seem 'epic' and disguise the fact that the rest is actually just a couple of British people sat in a room talking. It's basically medieval Coronation Street with the filters off. Can see why people like it.
Medieval corrie :lol:

2 episodes per season where it'll be worth watching the rest of it is rehashed ' shock deaths ' that the shows before or set up for the 10,000 storiy lines that are meant to come together at some point in the future !

Overblown n over rated ! Not all that bad but not what it's made out to be !

no, anyone who can spend that amount of time watching tv ( 60 + hours ? & just 1 subject) needs looking at tbh , it has a dragon in it :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's complete bollocks. I watched the first 5 'seasons', so it's not like I decided I didn't like it after a few hours viewing.

It's fuckin shite. Avoid at all costs.

Haha mint... its f***ing shite ...watched the first 5 seasons (nearly 50hrs worth) hmmmm !

in a word, yes.

First season isn't as 'well done' as the rest as you can tell the budget is lower. But get over there, get lost in the story and go from there. I put off watching it for a while and had the first three seasons to watch, was great. Can only be better if youve got 6 seasons to binge.

I watched S1E1, thought it was bollocks, tried again a year later. Ended up binge watching it all then again when I met my lass.
That's 122 hours from someone who doesn't watch much TV. So obviously I think it's shite.

Seriously though, it has a unique gimmick, in that they keep killing off the person you are rooting for and then it twists so you're rooting for the baddy. Until they die as well.

Haha mint... its f***ing shite ...watched the first 5 seasons (nearly 50hrs worth) hmmmm !

I've said on here before that if I start watching something, I very rarely give up on it no matter how bad. My Mrs loves it, so I just watched it with her. I got to the 5th series & just couldn't watch anymore.

I think the only other thing I stopped watching because it was so bad was The Leftovers. I got to only the third or fourth episode of that & had enough. I've since read on here that it's actually quite good.

It's good but the dialogue and plots have gone massively downhill with no source material to draw from since the show story overtook the books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back