Game Of Thrones Ending: Theories

Get Into Em

Winger
Spoilers will most likely be in this thread.

It'll be a bad ending imo. Just finished watching them all over again and this is definitely nailed on to happen:

In Season 2, Daenerys goes into 'The House Of The Undying' she walks through a half destroyed Throne Room which is covered in snow. I reckon this is foreshadowing what's going to happen (which GoT does a lot). With this in mind; The White Walkers do make it to King's Landing, kill almost everyone including the other 2 dragons, a main character (possibly Jon Snow, Jaime Lannister, Sansa Stark or Daenerys) manage to kill the night king which in turn kills most his army, almost everywhere has been destroyed and only a handful of the main characters end up living.

Also think there's a chance that once the truth about Jon Snow being a Targaryen comes out, Cersei might find a way to kill him off.

Think Brandon Stark might have a role to play somewhere anorl but can't get me head around where he'll fit in.

Throne Room is Season 2 which I was referring to:
Logon or register to see this image

Any other ideas like?

Loads of people walk about for a few hours, they see some zombies and walk away from them, a main character dies and a few others walk somewhere else... ending in a climactic final episode in which hopefully people grow up and realise how many hours they have wasted on this nonsense, while the remaining main characters walk home.
Fuckinell. What should we be watching?

To far fetched.

In the last season a group of people captured a white walker and became trapped in the middle of an ice lake. The group of about 10 then held off thousands of white walkers until 3 dragons which flew half way across the world came and saved them. One of the dragons was then shot down by a dead man throwing a spear. 3 Massive chains then magically appeared and pulled the dragon out of the lake. It then turned into a dead, flying, fire/ice breathing dragon which destroyed a 1000 foot wall.

The whole show is too far fetched.

I think the white walkers will take over everything and Cersei will offer her newborn to the King for her own life.
We never did get to see what all that with the babies Craster was offering them up was all about like.

It also suggests the White Walkers can actually be bargained with rather than just sweeping everything aside.

We never did get to see what all that with the babies Craster was offering them up was all about like.

It also suggests the White Walkers can actually be bargained with rather than just sweeping everything aside.
It'll be a shit ending, but I think it's plausible. I just assumed Craster was offering them up because they were boys and in return he was left alone. They offer was taken because it helped the White Walkers grow an army.

When Sam and Jon did their Night's Watch vows, I noticed this bit:

I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Given Jon's already died at his post, and is no longer a Night's Watchmen, I reckon Sam is either the metaphorical Lightbringer, or the one to wield it.

Spoilers will most likely be in this thread.

It'll be a bad ending imo. Just finished watching them all over again and this is definitely nailed on to happen:

In Season 2, Daenerys goes into 'The House Of The Undying' she walks through a half destroyed Throne Room which is covered in snow. I reckon this is foreshadowing what's going to happen (which GoT does a lot). With this in mind; The White Walkers do make it to King's Landing, kill almost everyone including the other 2 dragons, a main character (possibly Jon Snow, Jaime Lannister, Sansa Stark or Daenerys) manage to kill the night king which in turn kills most his army, almost everywhere has been destroyed and only a handful of the main characters end up living.

Also think there's a chance that once the truth about Jon Snow being a Targaryen comes out, Cersei might find a way to kill him off.

Think Brandon Stark might have a role to play somewhere anorl but can't get me head around where he'll fit in.

Throne Room is Season 2 which I was referring to:
Logon or register to see this image

Any other ideas like?

Last edited:
Jamie to kill Cersei

Had a theory of Jon ruling north/ tyrion kings landing/ danerys bogs off back to mereen. Three heads of dragon

Hopefully the Cleganes fight

Bran has some big part to play

I think Jon will kill Danaerys in order to make The Sword of The Morning into Lightbringer ( the sword was at the foot of the bed when he was born and young Ned Stark was there).
The sword will be in his mother's crypt at Winterfell.
When Dany is in the house of the undying she goes to touch the iron throne, but doesn't. There is snow on the throne (too literal?) then she leaves the throne room and goes outside, but she exits the throne room via the gate at The Wall and that's where she sees a tent with her husband and child in it where he says I'll be waiting for you.

I think Jon will kill Danaerys in order to make The Sword of The Morning into Lightbringer ( the sword was at the foot of the bed when he was born and young Ned Stark was there).
The sword will be in his mother's crypt at Winterfell.
When Dany is in the house of the undying she goes to touch the iron throne, but doesn't. There is snow on the throne (too literal?) then she leaves the throne room and goes outside, but she exits the throne room via the gate at The Wall and that's where she sees a tent with her husband and child in it where he says I'll be waiting for you.
Depends if they treat the books as a reference... Sword of The Morning was returned to Daynes sister by Ned.

Hence the rumours she was Jons mother

Depends if they treat the books as a reference... Sword of The Morning was returned to Daynes sister by Ned.

Hence the rumours she was Jons mother

Maybe Longclaw is Lightbringer then. Jeor Mormont was fairly vague about its origins when he gave it to him. Also said the pommel was changed to a white haired (Targayean?) wolf, supposed to represent Ghost, and the Stark sigil. What if Ned kept that sword and got it changed and sent to Mormont at the wall, because the Mormonts were bannermen to the Starks and obviously Ned knew Snow was Targayean/Stark

Back