Future England test cricketers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor and Root certainly look more like test players to me. Ironically, in terms of depth the strongest position in the country for me is the wicket-keeping one, but our current man is undroppable so the likes of Kieswetter, Davies, Buttler, Bairstow, Mustard will have to make do with the ODI side.

Taylor and Root certainly look more like test players to me. Ironically, in terms of depth the strongest position in the country for me is the wicket-keeping one, but our current man is undroppable so the likes of Kieswetter, Davies, Buttler, Bairstow, Mustard will have to make do with the ODI side.

We do have a good depth in keepers.most of them are one day players mind, do any have a test technique?

Kieswetter/Bairstow will be good enough for the test team as batsmen in the future. Kieswetter is always improving his technique, having opened for England.
Stokes in another 2 years could be close. Hales has to improve drastically against spin.
Taylor/Root as mentioned, Taylor inparticular look ready.
Briggs/Borthwick/Dockrell -future spin, probs 1dayers but could make it at test level.

Sam Northeast looked good but appears to have gone backwards.

Chris Woakes has a big season coming up this year, needs to force himself into the England selectors thoughts again.

Danny Briggs has been doing well for the Lions, as has Nathan Buck.

James Taylor looks nailed on the a top/middle order spot.

The fact the Lions played 3 wicket-keepers (Bairstow, Kieswetter and Buttler) shows the sheer depth we have at the moment.

This lad onions needs looking at imo, in a series where plain old line and length deliveries are taking wickets nobody in our side can stick it on a sixpence like graham

The bowlers and keepers look well stocked but the batsmen are a worry. The fact that Bopara is out there as the next man is a worry in itself. IMO Bopara and Morgan have proved that they are not Test match quality players. From the little i have seen of Taylor i'm not sure about him. If the selectors rated him highly enough he should have been in the UAE instead of Ravi. The two yorkshire lads and Stokes are probably the best bets but they are no way guaranteed to be a success.

The selectors need to make a decision over the no 6 position and give the new guy a run in the team.

Joe Root who I predict will emulate Michael Vaughan and also captain his country. I would also expect Moin Ashraf to make rapid progress under the coaching of Dizzy Gillespie.

Joe Root who I predict will emulate Michael Vaughan and also captain his country. I would also expect Moin Ashraf to make rapid progress under the coaching of Dizzy Gillespie.

Hope Shazad listens up too. Perhaps he can coach Root towards getting a test double hundred with the leg glance :lol:

CAN TELL U NOW M8- THAT IS A CERT.

From the same club side as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back