Further misadventures in film

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

not spavin

Got my first roll of film back from my Leica IIIf. It's actually the second roll I shot with it, but the first is b&w so will take longer.

Every single shot has a fragment of old film in the middle of frame. Every one. It's in a slightly different position each time. Below is an example.

Logon or register to see this image

In order to get this developed, I had to go into town on a Saturday morning, then spend a full lunch hour today picking it up. I'll have to do the same for the second roll tomorrow.

Film is a MASSIVE pain in the arse, isn't it? :lol:

Film is a MASSIVE pain in the arse, isn't it? :lol:
NO! ;) Well, yes actually.

You sure that's old film? Could be a loose piece of light seal or shutter damage more likely...Dunno what the shutter/curtain setup on a Leica is like. Got any more examples?

NO! ;) Well, yes actually.

You sure that's old film? Could be a loose piece of light seal or shutter damage more likely...Dunno what the shutter/curtain setup on a Leica is like. Got any more examples?

I have a roll of examples!

I'll upload one now to Flickr that pretty much conclusively shows that it's film. You have to cut the film leader to load it (and I made a balls of it a few times), so that's how it got there.

EDIT - here you go;

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I see now! It's all your fault then... :lol:

Very arty, must be a rule of thirds entry in there somewhere.

I've never seen that ahem effect before!

Presumably this fragment of film is still knocking around inside the camera body somewhere?

Yep - found it last night. It must have snapped off the previous roll when winding it back in to the canister.

It's canny big like. :oops:

Yep - found it last night. It must have snapped off the previous roll when winding it back in to the canister.

It's canny big like. :oops:

Remarkable that it managed to get wedged somehow just where it would get in the way of the film being exposed. Leica, huh. Would never happen on an Olympus Trip.

Remarkable that it managed to get wedged somehow just where it would get in the way of the film being exposed. Leica, huh. Would never happen on an Olympus Trip.

It's weird like - it loads from the bottom so it's very tight. It was lurking in the space between the film and behind the curtain - had to open the shutter on Bulb to get it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back