Further lockdown needed

To be fair on Tuesday the woman at the briefing (a medical director) showed 2 correct slides and deduced the wrong info both times!

She said there was a rise in traffic on Monday. There was but not compared to the Friday. You can't compare weekday to weekend traffic as loads of people work Monday to Friday.

She then said there was a 3 day rise in something else (I forget?) There wasn't. Her graph showed a drop then a 2 day day rise!

It was embarrassingly bad that she couldn't work things out herself and nobody else had checked before she made an idiot of herself in front of the nation.
My depot is next to Arriva`s depot. Usually theres one or two buses parked up as spares and one or two in the workshop over the road for service and repair. This week traffic has been building and yet both depots are rammed with double deckers. Even as anecdotal it seems to suggest that even if all journeys are essential only at the minute there is no other way for folk to travel than by private car, add in the fact that the weather has dropped again from last week and people who would have walked in the sunshine will have reverted back to car and no wonder theres an increase

I know of 3-4 families who are like this.They don’t know each other but they all share the same trait of being lazy couch potato’s who are lapping up sitting about as that’s what they want to do in normal circumstances.
Idiots.

The same folk will be wanting the lockdown extending as well.

I have to say, this crisis is a dream for those with too much time on their hands. From what I have seen on Facebook, it’s actually given them a bit of meaning and they love posting nonsense and ever more stupid memes. Quite sad really

Allowing 3-4,000 Atletico fans to travel from one of the most affected cities on earth to roam freely in Liverpool on the 11th of March beggars belief.
That decision is being openly criticised now by the local authority, following a fairly steep rise in confirmed cases in the city in the last couple of weeks. There are now over 300 confirmed cases and 21 deaths.

That decision is being openly criticised now by the local authority, following a fairly steep rise in confirmed cases in the city in the last couple of weeks. There are now over 300 confirmed cases and 21 deaths.
it would be fascinating if we could map the spread... Cumbria is the biggest anomaly for me, my colleagues there were joking they were more worried about foot and mouth which in itself may explain the higher than average numbers there

The same folk will be wanting the lockdown extending as well.

I have to say, this crisis is a dream for those with too much time on their hands. From what I have seen on Facebook, it’s actually given them a bit of meaning and they love posting nonsense and ever more stupid memes. Quite sad really
No marks mate that’s what they are.

Bloke at work whose missus is nhs and puts him clapping for the nhs on bellendbook but still goes out 3 times a day , once for rum and twice dog walk ... double standards

Horrific mate, it was pure insanity.
As I've mentioned in another thread, I live here (Liverpool) and it was a mental decision given Madrid was well on its way to being a hotspot at the time. There was loads in town over those few days so wouldn't surprise me if a few came over without tickets as well.

Edit: Atletico Madrid fans take over Liverpool as they march to Anfield

I just can't see any justification for them to allow it. As you say, Madrid was well on it's way to becoming a hotspot for the virus and didn't La Liga announce game ti benplayed behind closed doors a couple of days before that game?
Whoever made the decision has a hell of a lot to answer for.

Last edited:
A lot of lazy bastards do seem to be revelling in it as though their way of life has finally been justified

Proudly announcing on Facebook '#stayingin#'... Fuck off!
Bloke at work whose missus is nhs and puts him clapping for the nhs on bellendbook but still goes out 3 times a day , once for rum and twice dog walk ... double standards

To be fair a nice bottle of 'Kraken' would probably be helping him get through this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrific mate, it was pure insanity.

I just can't see any justification for them to allow it. As you say, Madrid was well on it's way to becoming a hotspot for the virus and didn't La Liga announce game ti benplayed behind closed doors a couple of days before that game?
Whoever made the decision has a hell of a lot to answer for.
I'd read in the press the day before that, at the time, Spain had 1400 confirmed cases, with over 700 in the Madrid area. I was uncomfortable with it but, as a daft football fan, still attended. Obviously the scale of transmission cant be fully assessed but pubs, bars, clubs, restaurants, shops, etc would have all openly welcomed the away support and elevated the risk to their staff. The decision should have been taken away from them but hindsight is a wonderful thing and people were acting on the expert advice at the time. Cheltenham is also a very popular event for people in the north west and many would have travelled there for the festival.

Won’t be just be the chavs either.

My neighbour out the back has spent the last two days putting up his fuck off huge gazebo over the top of his hot tub and I saw him cleaning the BBQ this morning as well.

The arsehole will definitely have people round. I’ll take great delight ringing the police to shop him because I nearly chinned the prick a couple of times last summer due to the amount of parties they had. Was a nightmare trying to get the baby to sleep.
Grass

Had the dog out this morning on the hills next to salton park, looking at the a19 it was like a normal day, not rush hour traffic normal but I watched for about 5 minuites and not once on a stretch of about 400 yards did I see it empty, was a constant flow.

Also the lights at dalton park every time they were in red there was at least a build up of 4 cars, and that was from any direction.
Wait till Sunday the weather is meant to be good, bellends will be barbecuing
TBF, me and the mrs are planning on it if the weathers great, only be us 2, but will be nice to get out in the fresh air and try and do something normal ish

Last edited:

Back