Furlough

Businesses have to pay 10% of it in July, & 20% in Aug & Sept, so the current furlough does end at the end of June.
Exactly, its a good gesture and lets certain businesses make the call if its going to be stlll viable to operate.
What percentage of pubs do you think will open in April? Long term weather forecast is shite for then.
I have absolutely no idea but the option is there which is the point. Either way don't put much trust in long term weather forecasting.

Last edited:
Exactly, its a good gesture and lets certain businesses make the call if its going to be stlll viable to operate.

I have absolutely no idea but the option is there which is the point. Either way don't put much trust in long term weather forecasting.
If the weather forecast says it's gonna be shit weather in April in the NE it's not exactly an outlandish claim.

If full normality is back in June there'll be no need.
Course there will.
Hardly any planes are flying now. On June 21st do you think BA/ryanair etc will be at full capacity, flying all their planes?
So loads of pilots/cabin crew still need furlough.
Around 100000 people employed at Heathrow, then all the other airports. Check in staff to baggage handlers to companies supplying food to taxi firms.
The travel industry has been fucked mate.
Its going to be a while before people get confidence to fly again.
Also who knows if the government will allow travel abroad. I assume lots of countries will be no go for the rest of the year also. It will actually be years before air travel is at pre pandemic years, not just September.

Other countries could be fucked still, effecting firms who predominantly supply companies abroad who still lack demand as they are still having restrictions

Last edited:

Back