Furlough

I think the majority of people whinging about the furlough are in fact just jealous it isn't them. Be happy you're keeping the economy running instead of focusing on other people.

Also I think the next month or so it'll only be the hospitality sector that will still have loads of furloughed employees, you know them people that serve you the pints that people are worryingly so eager to get back to. These people (sadly) get fuck all wages anyway and are on zero hour contracts. Trust me, the government paying their shoddy wages for a few more months isn't going to make that much of a big dent in the economy.

Not everyone on the furlough scheme is taking advantage or reeping the benefits. If you want your pints serving has to be staff to do it!

Would it of made more sense to have furlough available for longer but not at 80%, say 60-70% ?
That's exactly what's happening come July. Our heating engineers who we have furloughed because most of our summer is spent servicing boilers in people's houses so we can't expect Em to do that.. We have had notice from Gov that if we emoy Em 3 days a week gov will pay 60% of wages and we make up 40%.

One where ther were no shops, bars, restaurants or fuck all open and if it was there was a huge queue. So basically a holiday spent in the back garden(if you have one)
What a time to be alive, unless your dead.
That's a good description. That's what it is coming to.
This is being treat as one big holiday by alot of people except with most things closed. The rules are so confusing due to stupid questions and answers that there basically are no rules for some people now. The same people that won't send kids back to school or go back to work as its unsafe are willing to sit in traffic jams, drink outside bars etc. The lockdown is unenforceable now.
Not all are like this I agree but the people that have done this have diluted the lockdown and made it worthless so we may as well get everyone back to work before the economy implodes.

That's a good description. That's what it is coming to.
This is being treat as one big holiday by alot of people except with most things closed. The rules are so confusing due to stupid questions and answers that there basically are no rules for some people now. The same people that won't send kids back to school or go back to work as its unsafe are willing to sit in traffic jams, drink outside bars etc. The lockdown is unenforceable now.
Not all are like this I agree but the people that have done this have diluted the lockdown and made it worthless so we may as well get everyone back to work before the economy implodes.

Bitter as fuck :oops:

How do you know it’s a large proportion? Over 8 million people have been furloughed.

Being able to go out and exercise has been the only thing I’ve enjoyed for the last 2 months seeing as I’ve not seen any of my friends in that time and getting fitter is the only positive I’ve taken from the situation. God knows where’d I’d be if I couldn’t even have done that
Liverpool tennis ball

Its not the employees choice to come off furlough. If redundancy happens at the end that is out of their control.
I am well aware of that and don't wan't anybody to lose their jobs but that's unfortunately what will happen. My point is that theres now enough people ignoring any lockdown to make it worthless. Everybody might as well get back to work before the inevitable happens.

Back