Funniest joke at Edinburgh Fringe

Bit like us taking offence at them all swearing . I'd imagine the very first hurdle to get over with tourettes is people will laugh at the condition
I take it that lad on all the vids is barred from the annual meetings ?

Fact is comedy is way more than saying a load of words .You can laugh for an hour without hearing one "joke" .
I've been to a couple of comedy writing workshops and I get the impression that one liners are just a tool to gauge the audience or get them back onside. The comedians I've enjoyed, I can't really remember any one liners but the ones who struggled, I can remember their one funny joke.

I've been to a couple of comedy writing workshops and I get the impression that one liners are just a tool to gauge the audience or get them back onside. The comedians I've enjoyed, I can't really remember any one liners but the ones who struggled, I can remember their one funny joke.
Yeah ,all these "best joke " things are one liners .This latest one is a bit Shark infested custard .

Fact is comedy is way more than saying a load of words .You can laugh for an hour without hearing one "joke" .

Exactly - if you asked me to repeat all the 'jokes' i heard, i could probably only remember a handful.

We saw Tony Law for example, who was just madcap brilliance and had the whole crowd pissing themselves the whole time, but didn't really tell any 'jokes'

So I said to the estate agent, my house is in a hell of state and he said “What about a lick of paint?” So I said “No thanks, have you got any toffees?”

Tim Vine

f***ing class man :lol:

The shortlist for what used to be the Perrier Award has been announced and one of the acts, Delightful Sausage, was on at the Sunderland Creative Writing Festival last year.
They were also part of the panel discussion about how they write. Lovely people so chuffed for them.
The gig was at Independent, they were shellshocked from their visit to Jamesons and were a little surprised when we told them that is was probably the better choice of pubs on offer in that part of town. :lol:

The price of the hotels.

I booked last week, student hall, great location. Basic room, shared bathroom, but has a kettle, tea and coffee and a sink to piss in. £30 a night including unlimited buffet breakfast!
My 1st visit to the event and it's been an absolute treat. The worst thing about it is that there is just too much choice, literally 000s of shows. I booked 5 for each day and tried to ignore everything else but there are so many fliers being dished out, and posters everywhere, it's too hard. I've binned one show already for something else, and then just bought another ticket to fill a gap before me train.

My biggest laugh so far was probably last night when Lucy McCormick ended her show by singing 'Hero' while pulling one of the Cadbury's variety out of her pussy, while her 2 male dancers did the same from their arse holes!!

"You'll finally see the truth, that a hero lies in you....."

Last edited:
I booked last week, student hall, great location. Basic room, shared bathroom, but has a kettle, tea and coffee and a sink to piss in. £30 a night including unlimited buffet breakfast!
My 1st visit to the event and it's been an absolute treat. The worst thing about it is that there is just too much choice, literally 000s of shows. I booked 5 for each day and tried to ignore everything else but there are so many fliers being dished out, and posters everywhere, it's too hard. I've binned one show already for something else, and then just bought another ticket to fill a gap before me train.

My biggest laugh so far was probably last night when Lucy McCormick ended her show by singing 'Hero' while pulling one of the Cadbury's variety out of her pussy, while her 2 male dancers did the same from their arse holes!!

"You'll finally see the truth, that a hero lies in you....."
Minge, cringe and binge festival by the sounds of it pal.

Back