Funeral today - it’s going to be tough (sympathy thread)

M

Mick Dundee

Today I say goodbye to someone who’s been one of my best friends for over 20 years, I’d probably go as far as saying he’s one of my heroes.

He never let his condition get him down or stop him from doing the things he really wanted to do. He could rarely be seen without a smile on his face and had a wicked sense of humour.

He was a really popular guy too, standing room only at the crematorium today I would imagine. He even got a 2 page write up in our local paper:
'He seized every moment'... Dundee mum's touching tribute to disabled son Stewart, 33 - Evening Telegraph

Aww he sounds like a class bloke! Remember all the good times and all the amazing things he did. Hope today goes as well as can be expected. Love and hugs xx

Smashing write up that. Seemed like he stayed very positive in the face of adversity and as you say an inspiration to those around him. Sorry for your loss but try and take a leaf out of his book and enjoy the send off i reckon its what he's want.

Thanks everyone for your wishes and kind words.

It was a really good service, so many people that they were having to stand down the centre aisle! The eulogy was spot on, and they captured is sense of humour perfectly by playing “Feliz Navidad” as we were all leaving the church! Afterwards it was good just to talk about the good times with my friends, and catch up with some people I haven’t seen for a long time.

I think Stew would have been chuffed with how the day went!

Back