Fundamentally

Methven was right about the piss taking party, however it’s clear it’s still in full swing, more than likely congregating in the kitchen looking at the state of the fat lazy twats in the squad.

The decision making consciously or otherwise based on the short term. This is what the rotten core is.
This! We need to forget about results and decide on a top to bottom strategy and philosophy re: how we will play and how we will grow. Academy and first team all working to a consistent playing style.

We need the right management structure and competent people to drive the vision forward though. We never had that under Short.

Lack of investment in a proper structure. By that I mean Director of football operations, scouting network. I’m not talking appointing the owners drinking buddies but experienced people who know what they are doing.

This is the real issue. We dont have the foundations in place, its ripped up every few years and started again, or not started at all!

Get the right set up and keep it, when I win £150 million on the Lottery I am putting this in place, I will be managing it from Florida or Australia depending on the season

shit recruitment. top to bottom weve accepted mediocre, paid too much and got the wrong people in. As soon as you try to cheapskate football you are fucked. Current set up is a perfect example

We buy shit players.
I’ve been despairing at SAFC signings since the late 60s. From Colin Sym to this summers shit via Rod Belfitt, Ian Wallace, Gareth Hall, Jack Roswell etc etc........and hundreds of others. What sort of person gives the nod to the acquisition of these twats? How on earth did they find themselves in that sort of job?
It’s fuckin mind boggling. It really is.
Always thought there was something a bit alien about him.

Our manager appointment policy has been inadvisable to say the least:

Bruce
Advocaat
Di Canio

Moyes
Allardyce
Coleman
Keane
Elliott
McCarthy
Sbragia

Back