Lack of investment in a proper structure. By that I mean Director of football operations, scouting network. I’m not talking appointing the owners drinking buddies but experienced people who know what they are doing.
Always getting it wrong:
1. Selling Henderson and not Ginger Jack
2. Hiring DiCanio who is crackers
3. Hiring Advocaat when we had a clear run and time to get a good long term appointment
4. Not signing Borini when he'd have fit in then signing him when he didnt!
5. Replacing Pickers with Camp and Steele...
6. D i FantiI
....meh the list of terrible decisions is endless!
Really poor summer purchases, that ignored the lack of creativity in midfield in favour of a punt on the youngsters (Embleton, Gooch) who then got injured. Lewis Morgan should have been replaced, but wasn't. 2 out of our 3 strikers are injured, no creativity in midfield, no legs. Never thought I'd miss Gooch after parts of last season, but we really need his energy at the moment.