Full rewiring

gavlarsafc89

Goalkeeper
Just bought our first home and we would prefer to get this done before we move in rather then 1-2 years down the line, what am a looking at paying for a 3 bedroom full rewiring?

You are right to get it done if it’s needed before you move in or start decorating
It can be a messy job if wires need chasing in.
Floors up for lighting downstairs and in the loft for upstairs is a right ball ache if you have to move furniture

You are right to get it done if it’s needed before you move in or start decorating
It can be a messy job if wires need chasing in.
Floors up for lighting downstairs and in the loft for upstairs is a right ball ache if you have to move furniture

Aye. nothing worse than when the owners are in the house constantly looking over your shoulder.

Got our 3 bed terrace done six year ago when we moved in, cost £3k.

It makes a reet mess with dust and you'll need to decorate every room after with the chasing they do.

Just bought our first home and we would prefer to get this done before we move in rather then 1-2 years down the line, what am a looking at paying for a 3 bedroom full rewiring?
I done mine mesell with me, our lass (no) and 2 bairns living in it. Big mistake. Looking at 3/4 grand mate.

Depends if you’ve mates who are sparkies.

;)

It’s a massive job like. As others have said do you need a full rewire?

We just got a new distribution box put in rather than the a full rewire

Depends if you’ve mates who are sparkies.

It’s a massive job like. As others have said do you need a full rewire?
Reading this just reminded me, one of the blokes who came out to quote on the job was my mate's uncle. He had a look around and asked if he could take some of the sockets in one of the rooms apart to have a look. He'd never seen any as old and wanted to have a poke about at it :lol:

Reading this just reminded me, one of the blokes who came out to quote on the job was my mate's uncle. He had a look around and asked if he could take some of the sockets in one of the rooms apart to have a look. He'd never seen any as old and wanted to have a poke about at it :lol:

As I mentioned in post #3 - how old is the house?
The OP has not yet replied to this.

Sorry lads been busy, I’m not so sure on how old it is so can’t really comment on that, my mate is gonna come have a look when I get the keys like

Would advise getting a new consumer unit fitted. When the sparkies doing the installation certification I'm sure they'll be more than happy to tell you if anything needs replacing/rewiring

Get data ran at the same time. BT socket moves to cupboard under stairs (or garage or similar) and cat5 ran from their to where TV's/X-box/Android box etc. will be. The additional cost is negligible.

Would advise getting a new consumer unit fitted. When the sparkies doing the installation certification I'm sure they'll be more than happy to tell you if anything needs replacing/rewiring
Existing wiring should all be tested prior to a new consumer unit being installed and faults rectified accordingly. Anything less and the sparky is cutting corners.

Wireless electricity?
Hes taking the piss mate.

Back