Fulham sack manager and replace with

Ranieri has managed 16 clubs and the Greece national team in 32 years.
He's won the Italian cup in 96, the Spanish cup in 99, the European super cup in 04, and the premier league in 2016.

To me that's not great things at nearly every club he's been at.

It isn't, and he's had bad spells. But his record over the years is generally positive - for example, he won nothing at Chelsea but done well there - got them into the CL when their finances were crumbling, and in the first year of Abramovich finished second in the league to an unbeaten team!

He's not perfect but he's had a good career.

And, of course, he won the Premier League with LEICESTER f***ing CITY!

They still won the league.

People wank themselves silly over Ready cos he finished 7th, and Allardyce because he finished 17th (or finishes 12th with other teams).

But Ranieri wins the league, with Leicester City, and he's still shit.

Funny like.
Michael ready

It isn't, and he's had bad spells. But his record over the years is generally positive - for example, he won nothing at Chelsea but done well there - got them into the CL when their finances were crumbling, and in the first year of Abramovich finished second in the league to an unbeaten team!

That's a much fairer assessment.
The only great things he's acheived in football are the league title with Leicester and managing to lose to the Faroe Islands as Greece manager.

Fat Sams biggest fans thoughts ? @Mrjardine

Seems like a nice bloke who somehow got lucky at Leicester honestly think this is a horrendous appointment by Fulham
Allardyce is a good manager and would be ideal for any club looking stay up in the Premier League. He did a good job at Everton last year.

Very surprised at how poorly Fulham are doing. No choice but to sack him really.

I thought Jokanović would take to the Premier League with ease. He has looked well out of his depth.

I think Leicester was a fluke. It was the perfect storm for them that season. But his record is good at the majority of clubs he's been at is good

Last edited:
That's a much fairer assessment.
The only great things he's acheived in football are the league title with Leicester and managing to lose to the Faroe Islands as Greece manager.
he won the italian cup, the spanish cup, the premier league, got chelaea to the champions league qualification and then to a champs league semi final..when they had no money...he took monaco from mid table in the second division to second in the top flight winning the second divison on the way..he has won numerous promotions..won the league with leicister and I think got nates to their highest finish in years..

he hasnt been at many clubs where winning the top division was a realistic ambition when he was there..but second in the league and a cup run was realistic..and thats what he achieved..really is a coach more than a manager though and so not suitable for international football..

they started badly the next season..sacked him.,..and the next guy was worse...meanwhile ranieir at his next club got them I think their highest finsih for years

He wasn’t sacked till 25 games in with them 1 point above relegation zone on 21 points

They finished that season 12th on 44 points

Ranieri has managed 16 clubs and the Greece national team in 32 years.
He's won the Italian cup in 96, the Spanish cup in 99, the European super cup in 04, and the premier league in 2016.

To me that's not great things at nearly every club he's been at.
How many premier league titles has RAFA won??

and the next guy lasted how long the next season? and hasnt worked since as a manager?

They were in serious danger of going down under him that season.

Your original point was he wasn’t in charge when they were struggling - they were he was sacked and the improved till the end of that season

He did an unbelivable job winning the league nobody can argue with that

How many premier league titles has RAFA won??

None, but he's won 2 Spanish ones. More European trophies, more domestic cups.
Not sure why bringing Benitez into this is relevant though.

he won the italian cup, the spanish cup, the premier league, got chelaea to the champions league qualification and then to a champs league semi final..when they had no money...he took monaco from mid table in the second division to second in the top flight winning the second divison on the way..he has won numerous promotions..won the league with leicister and I think got nates to their highest finish in years..

he hasnt been at many clubs where winning the top division was a realistic ambition when he was there..but second in the league and a cup run was realistic..and thats what he achieved..really is a coach more than a manager though and so not suitable for international football..

He got Chelsea to the champions league semi final when Abramovich was owner.
As for the rest of your points, quite a climb down from "great things". He's done quite well at some clubs and not at others. I think he's a decent manager. But the only truly remarkable thing he's done is Leicester. Otherwise what he's done is mostly consistent, and quite good.

Last edited:
None, but he's won 2 Spanish ones. More European trophies, more domestic cups.
Not sure why bringing Benitez into this is relevant though.

He got Chelsea to the champions league semi final when Abramovich was owner.
As for the rest of your points, quite a climb down from "great things". He's done quite well at some clubs and not at others. I think he's a decent manager. But the only truly remarkable thing he's done is Leicester. Otherwise what he's done is mostly consistent, and quite good.
Mag

Could work out canny, need the defence organising and Ranieri was definitely capable of that when at Leicester.

Seem to remember loads of 1-0's that season for them

Back