FTECB

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good idea, I'll probably end up contacting the club for info, I was just putting it out there to let everyone know what the state of play was and how much we made.

It was never intended as a venture for personal gain, the £110 will definitely go to the club .

I've no doubt. I just hope Durham have their own ticket office and haven't employed an agency, who'll take a cut.

Good evening one and all, further thanks to everyone who bought badges, just a line to let everyone know that after all the funds were collected we were left with a surplus of £110, I don't think it will go far towards paying the wages of Stephen Cook or Tom Latham but we did decide that any surplus monies were going to go to the club in some way, my question is how or who do I contact as regarding donating this money @Dougal any advice appreciated.
Well done @viccarlton.

When I renewed my season card a couple of seasons ago they were asking for donations towards the Cricketing Academy - think they called it the nursery. I donated a tenner and they were really grateful. I did this at the ticket office, got a receipt and everything. So, my suggestion would be to donate the money specifically to the academy. And to hand the money in first home game of the season, though if you're passing there's always someone in the office.

Anyway, that's my suggestion - what do the good people of RTG Cricket FTECB Forum reckon?

Well done @viccarlton.

When I renewed my season card a couple of seasons ago they were asking for donations towards the Cricketing Academy - think they called it the nursery. I donated a tenner and they were really grateful. I did this at the ticket office, got a receipt and everything. So, my suggestion would be to donate the money specifically to the academy. And to hand the money in first home game of the season, though if you're passing there's always someone in the office.

Anyway, that's my suggestion - what do the good people of RTG Cricket FTECB Forum reckon?
Yea, that Nursery was for a specific project. They were trying to raise £50k to match fund with a grant to build the Nursery, that has ended now and the Nursery is going to get built (it has been said it will survive the financial apocalypse).

Well done @viccarlton.

This.

Hello once again everyone, I contacted the club through their customer services and was passed on to Josie Pointon who deals with the foundation following is the text of my enquiry and the response, if everyone is ok with it I'll send the money to this lady? @Dougal

Dear Lesley,
I am contacting you regarding a small sum (£110) which I/we have left over from a small venture that we got going in the wake of the punishment that the ECB gave us at the end of last season.
We would like this sum to go to some area of the club that might benefit from it maybe the foundation but preferably something to do with the youngsters and development of them.
If you could point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated.

Hi David,

I've been forwarded on your below email by Lesley. Thank you for your kind consideration of the foundation for a potential donation. We would greatly appreciate any support towards the work that we do and every little helps us to continue to support the local area and to provide inspiration from DCCC across a number of our objectives.

I've seen that you are interested in supporting the development of youngster, is this something that is specifically associated with the development of young crickets or just the general development of children and young people in general?

We run a variety of different programmes working with all ages. In particular, our work with juniors is quite varied. We do in school literacy programmes, we work with women and girls in deprived areas to develop cricket, we go into schools to facilitate delivery and promotion of the game, we run disability cricket sessions and many, many more.

If this is something of interest to you, I can allocate any potential donation towards some of these programmes.

If you would like to discuss this further, please let me know and I'd happily arrange a time to discuss this in further depth over the phone.

Once again, my many thanks for your kind consideration of us here at the club and foundation.

Kind regards,

Josie Pointon
Foundation Manager
Durham County Cricket Foundation

Last edited:
Hello once again everyone, I contacted the club through their customer services and was passed on to Josie Pointon who deals with the foundation following is the text of my enquiry and the response, if everyone is ok with it I'll send the money to this lady? @Dougal
great stuff

Excellent @viccarlton - yeah, that certainly gets my vote. Sounds like they've got their fingers in a lot of pies supporting youth development and the club will know where the best place to award it is. Yup, brilliant. Cheers and well done vic

New member here. Really would love to have one of the lapel badges. How do I go about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back